A very strange Massey Ferguson.... so come on... who knows about it ?

Lord Ferguson

Barry asked me to Pop up a topic on my current avatar picture... I found this very strange looking MF in a recnet eBay purchase... it's a 1974 French MF range catalogue..

The tractor is called the MFW11 ... which is a strange thing in itself....

Joe dig some digging and we reckon it's a re-badged Eicher model... If anyone out there knows any more I'd be delighted if they can enlighten us further...

W11.jpg

Rory... do you have a brochure on it ???

Hope this information is of interest (you might already be aware of this Mark). In 1970 Massey Ferguson purchased a 30% stake in Eicher tractors and a number of their mid range tractors with similar styling to the one in question were fitted with Perkins engines. MF bought Eicher completely in 1973 resulting in some Eicher tractors being badged up as Fergies before selling their interests. (Wikipedia)(Farm Tractors, Nick Baldwin 1977)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eicher_tractor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eicher_Motors

http://www.dromson-alsace.fr/presentation-jds_70.html

I noticed the step in the normal place, I think thats just a carry over from the uncabbed version shown in the picture, the only other way I can see in is if you open the windscreen as they do on that type of cab and possibly pull the section out that looks like a bit of Tarp with press studs just above the step, would seem an awful lot of trouble to go to though. Remeber the JCB's you had to get in through the sliding window. ;)

best have a PTO guard on that then.... some one say HSE?!

oh and also, why is there something looking like a cab step in the normal place then?!

I noticed the step in the normal place, I think thats just a carry over from the uncabbed version shown in the picture, the only other way I can see in is if you open the windscreen as they do on that type of cab and possibly pull the section out that looks like a bit of Tarp with press studs just above the step, would seem an awful lot of trouble to go to though. Remeber the JCB's you had to get in through the sliding window. ;)

I knew I was right...... ;)

Found a couple more photos , first shows how cab opens for access , the other shows MF version at work.

I was going to say dont forget your beloved fendt is related to MF's ;D;)

at least there is a lot of room to get in. And lots of fresh air in the summer is possible.

An Eicher..... must be the best MF made ever ;D ;D ;D ;D

just joking. The best ones must be the ones with the Fendt trani....