New Holland BR7060

I bought a fendt baler off udimore last july with the intentions of making a br baler of some sort.

I took it apart in august/september and left it in bits till christmas and been working on it in spits and spurts really but have made a bit more progress now.

Once the sides were unscrewed off first job was to put the inner plastic part back on top of the lower diecast half.

I also cut the roller belts in the wrong place to get the baler apart and threw away the roller belts thinking I wouldn't need them.

Then a month later realised I would of needed them so I used some royal mail ruber bands to match in luckily.

Anyway enough yaking from me heres some pics so it should make a bit more sence.

rauch003.jpg

rauch004.jpg

BRbaler004.jpg

BRbaler005.jpg

I didn't like the size and shape of the copper bale stop on the end of the bale platform so I did change it to a brass one before I painted it black.

First pic here is one of the sides built out of plasticard with the bits of plastic allowing it to sit on to all the plastruct I put on the bale chamber so these will also act as glueing points once assembled.

I wasn't sure off what to use for the angle side panels at first.I did use 9mm mdf at first with 45 degree angle put on it from a circular saw and and used my jigsaw to cut the curves but after all this work the 9mm mdf looked to thick once stuck on so I took them off and replaced with 6mm mdf which I think suits it much better.

I'm currently filling and sanding the sides ready for painting so this is how far I have got.

BRbaler003.jpg

BRbaler006.jpg

BRbaler002.jpg

BRbaler001.jpg

::):of Crikey mate that is some transformation  :of

Cheers big boy,you did say make it in to something decent  ;D

Thanks for the comments chaps,I finished work early today and popped in to the the local nh dealer for some millenium yellow,bit more pricey than halfords but I wanted the right colour as halfords don't seem to do a match.

Got her painted last night in the genuine millenuim yellow paint,this nh paint is the best spray paint I have used yet as it seemed not so thick as plastikote and halfords paint,so 4 thin top coats and shes all put together and ready for decals.

Each coat of paint dried within minutes which impressed me.

Sides all glued on ready for decals now and will try and get some better pics once I fit them on.

BRbaler007.jpg

BRbaler009.jpg

BRbaler008.jpg

BRbaler010.jpg

looking good jamie,i dont think you can beat the genuine paint from the dealers,theres no price difference between dealers and halfords,although ive got a great parts guy i know,are you making the decals yourself mate?

Thanks Paul,the paint cost £8.90p so a bit more than halfords but I didn't want to be an idiot asking for a discount on one tin of paint  ::)

I'm going to email Henri walker for decals ;)

Thanks Paul,the paint cost £8.90p so a bit more than halfords but I didn't want to be an idiot asking for a discount on one tin of paint  ::)

I'm going to email Henri walker for decals ;)

henri walker is great cant beat his work,i ask for discount on everything jamie,perhaps im just a tight old fart,but the amount of models i buy and paint it does help to get a discount,cant wait to see the decals fitted

looks smashing. ;)

Thanks Matty

Nice work, Jamie. Good on you  :)

Cheers Tris,I did want to make it a 7070 as what what you boys use but worked off a photo of a 740/7060 and assumed the 750/7070 was only different in technical spec but the sides are more taller unfortunatly.

I've got more paint left here if your after one in the future ;)

• 1 month later...

Only just caught up with this topic again, it's amazing  :of

A few years ago I saw someone (I think it was Someca Fiat NH) do this on the French forum and assumed it was just a matter of repainting the Fent and making the curved side parts from plastruct, I take my hat off to you Jamie, I've a feeling I might be contacting you in a while to get more info on how to do it!

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou jdc and FNHIR  :)

I received my decals from henri walker last week and now have the baler finished but just needs a few warning decals.

Have taken a few photos with it hitched up to my T6030 conversion which I'd like to have these posing on a layout or display together if I ever get round to doing one  ::) .

Nhbr7060003.jpg

Nhbr7060005.jpg

NhBr7060009.jpg

Nhbr7060006.jpg

NhBr7060010.jpg

Nhbr7060008.jpg