What's your latest new Brochure or manual.. list them here...

i'll scan it as soon as it falls on my doorstep.

meanwhile, this came in the mail just in time to be a 2010 addition to the collection...

Sperry Rand - New Holland Combines "985" (1969 USA)

0001-A.jpg

Sperry Rand - New Holland Hayliner Balers 273 and 275 (1968 USA)

0002-A.jpg

Haybine (among which a self propelled one(see first machine on cover)) - (1968 USA)

0003-A.jpg

New Holland Side Rake (USA) date unknown, before 1954 judging by the code used.

0004-A.jpg

Well I keep mine in plastic wallets like Paul does... and filed in ring binders in specific categories (which you can make up yourself to suit your collection) .... In addition to this.. I scan every brochure from front to back before I file it... that way I don't need to keep 'wearing them out' by having them out to look at them.  It's no big deal for a 'run-of-the-mill' brochure... but for a really rare brochure I see it as my duty as a collector to make an electronic copy of it... and then perserve it as best I can without causing any more damage to it  :-\

I've got some rare MF stuff where less than 1,000 brochures were ever produced... and with so many of those being thrown away over the years... there can be so few left that need to be preserved by us collectors.

The other positive thing about scanning and making electronic records of these things is that they can be shared with fellow enthusiasts... I think it is a little greedy and selfish to squirrel away these things and keep them under lock and key in a private collection  ;) .... I get the most satisfaction out of my brochures by sharing them with others and the discussion (and , for me learning) this prompts... I think the hobby would loose it edge for me if I just bought them, read them myself and put them in a pile in the garage  :'(

I am currently working on getting a comprehensive database up and running to add a little more 'value' to my ever increasing collection... and I don't mean financial value obviously

thanks for that  .. a data base perhaps in the future when i have a big collection  ...a very good idea to scan rare brochures    might try and learn how to scan....interesting topic too but i have not much of interest yet in my  collection... i just store what i have in pockets and binders    ...thanks again

You are welcome.. but please use whole words and not abbreviations/text talk - many thanks - Mark

do you have many Ben ???

Unsure now sold a bit on e bay but have to 2 filing cabinets full and a wardrobe full. Always ringing tractor and machinery manufactures up for brochure for the last 30 yrs.  Lamma show soon will come back with bag fulls