jdc's cupboard

jdc

blimey didnt know that, sailor john to then, my father used to have a huge collection of 50's and 60's model tankers etc, dont know what happened to them, all sorts shell etc, most were airfix from memory, also had a few liners etc like the canbera ,which x years later he went to the falklands on

Sean,

I remember seeing a post from John in a GD topic such as "what do you do for a job / living" and his response was something like " I used to drive boats but it is now tractors" ;) ;)

And you better watch what you say because I knew a master mariner and he didn't like being referred to as a sailor. This particular chap went self employed and used to "drive" or shift oil rigs ;) ;)

Sean,

I remember seeing a post from John in a GD topic such as "what do you do for a job / living" and his response was something like " I used to drive boats but it is now tractors" ;) ;)

And you better watch what you say because I knew a master mariner and he didn't like being referred to as a sailor. This particular chap went self employed and used to "drive" or shift oil rigs ;) ;)

indeed hello sailor  :-*  ;D ;D

i have an uncle who was a captain on shell tankers (now retired) he then was drawn out of retirement & travelled the world as a ships safety inspector for a few years then retired again , he refers to himself as a mariner not a sailor  :)  he's got a T20 or 35 now i think  8)

i have an uncle who was a captain on shell tankers (now retired) he then was drawn out of retirement & travelled the world as a ships safety inspector for a few years then retired again , he refers to himself as a mariner not a sailor  :)  he's got a T20 or 35 now i think  8)

What was his name? I was Fleet Safety Officer for a while too. I suppose I'm classed as a retired mariner too.  :D

• 2 years later...

Got another cabinet - deep enough for the combines, but shelves close enough together to make around 100 hp the biggest tractor that will fit. :laugh:

The 'office' is so small I had to remove some bookshelves to get it in. All the newer stuff is in the 'old' cabinet now. :)

post-281-0-55425800-1339246774_thumb.jpg

Edited by jdc

John you are so modest but you need to amend topic subject from cupboards to cabinets ;D ;D ....I like very much that row of yellow New Holland combines...me thinks I need to drop in past some time again to see your growing collection in the flesh.

Got another cabinet - deep enough for the combines, but shelves close enough together to make around 100 hp the biggest tractor that will fit. :laugh:

The 'office' is so small I had to remove some bookshelves to get it in. All the newer stuff is in the 'old' cabinet now. :)

a fine 'cupboard' for an even finer collection john. those combines look superb all lined up together. ;)

That 'yellow' shelf is a peach Mr C. A whole host of lovelies all paraded together for any visitor to see but it's the handy work of your own which stands out the most and the most eyecatching of l is of course, those combines. To hell with books when you've got that collection to show off, John! :)