My MF and Contracting photos

BigX500

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto that, Sean. What a strange looking contraption!!!!!!! Nice photos, nice to be in some aswell when you can get a photographer for a minute or two isn't it?  :)

don't think it's a case of so wrong , but in the days of anything over 80HP is as good as said it'll be a 4wd , it must be quite strange sat up in the cab not seeing any front wheels the size of which you're used to !

nice pics ben thanks for posting  :)

• 3 weeks later...

why owe why would you buy a 150 ish hp tractor in 2wd!! seen as 2wd is an extra option it will cost about the same as 4wd, resale value will be poor as who will want on other than a collector in years to come :of

i hardly use the 4wd on my jd but its there the odd time you need it, guess the mf carries a chain ha ha!

The grass looks quite dry. How many acres does that weapon do on a good day?

we try and aim for 10 acres hour the best i have done is 22 acres in 40 mins 180acres a day is god going. our biggest problem is field, road and farm sizes holding the trailers up don't use the hp until we are in maize

why owe why would you buy a 150 ish hp tractor in 2wd!! seen as 2wd is an extra option it will cost about the same as 4wd, resale value will be poor as who will want on other than a collector in years to come :of

i hardly use the 4wd on my jd but its there the odd time you need it, guess the mf carries a chain "laugh out loud" :)

The 5475 2wd is not ours it a customers dont no the reason in buying it 2wd form manoveablity i think never got stuck at maize time last year.

why owe why would you buy a 150 ish hp tractor in 2wd!! seen as 2wd is  an extra option it will cost about the same as 4wd, resale value will be  poor as who will want on other than a collector in years to come [img alt=:of]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/shocked.gif

i hardly use  the 4wd on my jd but its there the odd time you need it, guess the mf  carries a chain "laugh out loud" [img alt=:)]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/smiley.gif

A 2wd will be more maneuverable, be cheaper to replace tyres and have  less moving parts to go wrong.

The 5475 2wd is not ours it a customers dont no the reason in buying it  2wd form manoveablity i think never got stuck at maize time last year.

No reason a 2wd will not go most places in maize fields if you know how to load the trailer, fill the front to get some weight on the tractor back axle and you won't get stuck except in extreme conditions where really you shouldn't be harvesting anyway.

we try and aim for 10 acres hour the best i have done is 22 acres in 40 mins 180acres a day is god going. our biggest problem is field, road and farm sizes holding the trailers up don't use the hp until we are in maize

Blimey!! We had a 97ac day this year with a Claas 840 :-\ :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...