My MF and Contracting photos

BigX500

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some very nice photos, I especially like the 6290 great little tractors to drive.

been the backbone for the last 11 years the one in the photos has done around 8000hrs and we have a y reg with 12000 hrs have great respect for the 6290s

been the backbone for the last 11 years the one in the photos has done around 8000hrs and we have a y reg with 12000 hrs have great respect for the 6290s

The dairy farm which I work for on a weekend had one that did all the major work and it was sold for a 6485 which isnt as good, but they have just bought another and it is a brilliant tractor.

superb pics..and i agree about the 6290,a neighbour here still uses his as the main workhorse and i still enjoy listening to her working hard......as you say you couldnt compare the 6290 with 7480 but another neighbour here uses a 7480 and a 7495 and speaking to a driver of the 7480 he says he has never been able to put the tractor under pressure,he says the engines torque is 2nd to none and the tractors ability to work under load after he has pulled the revs down never ceases to amaze him.

Great photos of my favorite make.

Could anyone tell me why some 6290's have an excel badge on the roof between the front mounted roof worklights?

I have also seen an excel badged 8220 and I have no idea why some mid sized mf's from this era have it and some not?

the local 6290 here is an excel model,the sticker on the cab defines this,apparently there was no less than 12 extras on these models,from extra hydraulic standard fitments to general extras that would have been options on the standard model,in other words all the bells and whistles....

they were indeed.. made for MF by Uzel who are sadly are no longer trading I believe... although I think the factory was sold and tractors are now manufactured under a different name.. in competition with MF too  :of

Uzel made many MF's including the 240(with an S on the end)... and many more besides... they also made some 'Ba stard' models with some very strange looks... 200 series models with 300 series style cabs etc.

• 3 weeks later...