Lord Ferguson's MF 39 cultivator

MJB1

well today i are mostly been doing machine collection in the name of our good lord

mission ; search & rescue

target ; MF 39 cultivator

location ;15 miles away

total distance there & back ; 29.5 miles

total travel time ; 2hrs approx

we're going in to have a delve about at the last known whereabouts

marky39cultivator1Small.jpg

gotcha !

marky39cultivator2Small.jpg

marky39cultivator3Small.jpg

marky39cultivator4Small.jpg

marky39cultivator5Small.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) :)  all back to base  for now

marky39cultivator19Small.jpg

marky39cultivator20Small.jpg

marky39cultivator21Small.jpg

marky39cultivator22Small.jpg

will need new wheels & tyres mate & the winding handles are seized other tham that all's well

marky39cultivator23Small.jpg

marky39cultivator24Small.jpg

even have two spare complete tines & the tips are good on them all from what i can see.

the machine has done little work at this farm & was on sandy soil on the previous farm

:of  ... thanks Marcus... no... MANY MANY thanks Marcus... I didn't realise it was so far away  :-[

It looks to be in good nick mate as well.. I'll have to source some new wheels then at some time - I'll get a parts book for it and see what comes up I think.

So.... your challenge Mr B.. should you choose to accept it... go and find a field to play in... we want to see those tines shimmy and vibrate  :-*

looks pretty sound considering its resting place!i'm sure the last time i went to that farm the back window of the massey was a bit loose so i propped a piece of wood in to hold the window up and that was back in 2002! so when are we going to get some action shots?

oooh thats nice isnt it! want some cheap manual labour to restore it?

cheap labour eh ? bottle of pop & a bag of ready salted do you ? ;D 

looks pretty sound considering its resting place!i'm sure the last time i went to that farm the back window of the massey was a bit loose so i propped a piece of wood in to hold the window up and that was back in 2002! so when are we going to get some action shots?

um ...............yesterdays farming  i think tim  :)

Looks sound enough, like you say wheels and tyres and it won't want a lot more. Going to suit Mavis a treat.  8)

will be just the job for mavis pulling up that lovely light fenland black !

Alex, you probably don't remember it but you remind me of the 80's series "Boys from the Black Stuff" and character Yosser Hughes who went around everywhere saying "Gissa job, go on gissa job, I can do that"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Alex, you probably don't remember it but you remind me of the 80's series "Boys from the Black Stuff" and character Yosser Hughes who went around everywhere saying "Gissa job, go on gissa job, I can do that"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

'eh 'eh led us av a go mate i can do tha go on gizza job eh go on gizza job ,

ahhhh yosser hughes , master of the kirby kiss ;D ;D

& for marky's next buy a massey ferguson 793 4 furrow plough , of which after buying ,he'll forget i have it , i been keeping an eye on this for a while now , one day i may ask if he'll sell it  ::)  it's just right for the 168 ;)

DSCF2044Small.jpg