Lord Ferguson's MF 39 cultivator

MJB1

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how much would that set you back then marcus?? looks pretty complete??

i havent got a clue mate , it's put on a patch of gravel with a few other implements obviously for a small novelty attraction garden thing , but is rather unkempt so i may give him a ring to see if he'd consider a sale but looks all fairly good.

Go on mate.. see if he'll have a deal with us and we'll add it to the collection

might give him a ring the end of the week

thats more like it.. Tim's right mate... get the MF24.. those old Sankey ploughs were never up to much really  :-\

looks good to me is it local? what ever happened to the chisel plough at chidhay did you ever hear anything back about it?

unless i go knock on his door nobody has returned my calls , so next time i go i'll try the door  :)

Marcus, what size tyres are on the back of the 168?

18.4 r30's I do believe young Stanley - Marcus mentioned it in his other thread.

indeed they are  :)

& for marky's next buy a massey ferguson 793 4 furrow plough , of which after buying ,he'll forget i have it , i been keeping an eye on this for a while now , one day i may ask if he'll sell it  ::)  it's just right for the 168 ;)

DSCF2044Small.jpg

i take it parts are still available for this plough eg  points & suchlike

• 2 months later...

here you go mark , got the tips all shiney & new now :D  not running down as deep as the depth wheels are set as would struggle to pull it so just deep enough to give the 168 a decent workout , anyway the harder i work it the more fuel i'd use  !

yesterdaysfarming2181055Small.jpg

been a while since i had this view from the cab of a 590

yesterdaysfarming2181050Small.jpg

going back to allis's topic way back when , just like wagon wheels , the cab seems so much smaller when you grow up !

although looking at thomas riding up with tim i thought , hmm , spent many an hour riding up there banging me head !