sugar beet harvester models

hi everybody , new to this site, so please excuse me if i get it wrong ha ha!. there are not many[if any] makers of older/vintage sugar beet harvesters out there ? . now i know we in east anglia are a probably bias as we produce most if not all the beet here in the uk ,but it would be nice to see some peter standen, armer /armer salmon /ransomes ,models of there. there are a few makers,[long gone now] like farmhand who produced there own harvesters too!! any one out there with any ideas plesae.......

best wishes crawler man

no sadly not may arround vintage wise, the odd new one like the stoll model trailed, or the couplke of self propelled ones siku have done, also some lovely verrate ones to, but they are very expensive

trailed one is on my list to make sometime, really need one for my ash tree fm layout  to be honest, got a few brouchures ready to

• 10 years later...

taken a few yrs but finally found a Peter standen single row tanker model ,1.32 scale ,I believe  to be by dave towse, cracking model. A mk2 I believe,  another model of his for sale . 2 row self propelled standen ...might have to get it!

Edited by crawlerman

1 hour ago, crawlerman said:

If u build the armer salmon beet harvester gav836 I would be interested  plz

only taken me 5 years plus, but not far off paint, will never do another ,your better of hunting down a perfect 32 one,which are rare as hens teeth

6C96714E-516D-4152-8C79-782A5FE195DC.jpeg

4CBB8451-5252-417A-A26B-24A6EAC21AA7.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

only taken me 5 years plus, but not far off paint, will never do another ,your better of hunting down a perfect 32 one,which are rare as hens teeth

I'll make one of these one day!!!!  Just need more images as and when they come up on Google images!!

On 8/30/2020 at 5:52 AM, 844john said:

Thinking of growing some sugar beet Martin?;)

:D no I was there looking at a different machine and was asked to give this a once over by someone else who was interested in it  

On 8/30/2020 at 9:25 AM, Tractorman810 said:

theres two of them there martin going by that second pic . theres a good few round still down here, mostly on fodder beet, saw a wagon with two on heading down west a few weeks back. 

I think he might even have had 3 Sean. Nice to see they still have a use. 

On 8/30/2020 at 8:34 AM, Gav836 said:

Nice earlier model with all mechanical drive on it still

It was nice and original Gavin, very good order too, the lifting belts were as good as new