demonstrator tractors

andrewstanford

I too am going to be very interested in what you have to say about these models... especially the red one... having read oooooodles of reviews about the 7400's I am interested to see if your views are the same mate.

I'm hoping for a 6480 demo in the near future myself  :P:-*

Well the no JD thing comes down to the amount of problems mine has been, when it broke down last week (same problem as back in April!!!!)my boss said its got to go and it won't be a JD in its place. I'm looking forward to the MF demo I have to say as i think they've come on a long way since the last heap of red scrap I drove (6150), the Valtra demo was my doing, I had a look round one at the Norfolk show and was impressed with it and the build quality of it

Yes we are, should be having a Case Puma CVX, MF 7485 or 7490, Valtra T172 or 182 Direct, maybe a Deutz-Fahr and maybe a John Deere 7430 but the latter is unlikely now ::)

i think the deere or the cvx would be the pick of that bunch, few contractors in our part have went valtra and one has wnet away form them and the other has a few problems too. we have two the n's arent a terribly great tractor, but the t's are fair enough think the newer ones are better but pretty over priced compareds to what else is out there

I'd agree with you there Will, those old MX's were a damn good tractor with the engine note to match, you could hear our old MX150 ploughing from the other side of the farm, had her opened up to MX170 power levels ;D

i look forward to hearing your views on the Valtra and Deutz the only ones i would pick out that list, i guess it will be down to best deal at the end of the day. How long do you get a demonstrator for nowadays? i always think a couple of days isnt enough.

I had the New Holland for a week back in the spring but a couple of days is the norm these days a lot of the time, especially if there is a waiting list for demo's. Personally I aren't that bothered about the Deutz as looking at the brochure I can see a few things I don't like on it already

thats a good point ricky, although if gavs boss has made that comment and hes paying for it, i guess his minds been made up, we saw mf get pulled apart reputation wise all them years back with the 61 series ,maybe jd is experiancing it now with its 20 series?? 

thats a good point ricky, although if gavs boss has made that comment and hes paying for it, i guess his minds been made up, we saw mf get pulled apart reputation wise all them years back with the 61 series ,maybe jd is experiancing it now with its 20 series??

the 20 hurt JD the new 30 series are a complete different kettle o fish trust me

the 20 hurt JD the new 30 series are a complete different kettle o fish trust me

Speak to a few people who have 30 series locally here and you'll hear a different story.......exploding turbo's, head gaskets, egr faults, transmission problems, overheating engines.......once bitten and all that

Speak to a few people who have 30 series locally here and you'll hear a different story.......exploding turbo's, head gaskets, egr faults, transmission problems, overheating engines.......once bitten and all that

It must be your english 30 series that onlt give bother. ::) N.I. is full of them and its very rare you here of a major problem within them..

you lot must be sore on them the mechanics here have taken on other work other than JD to keep busy!! the JD dealer showed me the statistics for the 20 vs the 30 series in terms of warrenty repairs, the difference was shocking

And here Gav.. What about Claas?

You want a machine that works!,Comfortable and effcient Look no Further..  ;D 

Sure you had an Axion didn't you?

Blake you crack me up

they don't have the size and gearbox combination gav wants from memory

They're off the list Sean, we want a cvt transmission again due to the potato harvesting

The Axion was nice Blake but just too bulky for what we want it for and the turning circle is poor when put in to 72" track width. Unfortunatelt the cvt Arion coming out this year will be too small for us at 150hp

u lot must be sore on em the mechanics here have taken on other work other than JD to keep busy!! the JD dealer showed me the statistics for the 20 vs the 30 series in terms o warrenty repairs, the difference was shocking

I take it you mean the 30 series are better?? I thought one would have been as good as the other. Altho have heard the new standard series are second to none for reliability at the moment

Also Gav if you find the Claas have bad lock wait until you get the valtra out they would not have the best lock in their clas either

Don'T forget to ask which Claas ttractors are fitted with a Deere engine.....

At least the deere has got it's own engine under the hood..

(Just adding a comment, not stiring)

You know I respect you opinion gav.... seeing you are the horse and it comes from your mouth ;)

Jez

8)