The adventures of Marky and Penny... new to me on Sunday 15th August 2010

Lord Ferguson

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for you Bill... If I'm ever up in bonny Scotland and I've got a load I want lashing down I'll be sure to pop over yours with 400ft of rope and a few spare hours then  ;):P:-*;D

I don't actually know how long the standard rope I use is Mark I just rope until it is finished. 400 foot might be a bit long but once I have lashed you I will cut off and keep the spare ;) ;)  Will give me a chance to try one splicing again ;D ;D

Will 10 lashes over the MF tatto be enough :-\ :-\

what a nice tractor you added to the collection mate

Did Hatty and Mavis a dance when she arived? :P;)

I wonder how the three sisters will do and I hope Penny is not treated like Cinderella was :of :of

Haven't you got a group family photo yet Mark ??? ???

I wonder how the three sisters will do and I hope Penny is not treated like Cinderella was :of :of

Haven't you got a group family photo yet Mark ??? ???

Not yet Bill... but I'll get one done for sure... wish I still had Fanny my little 410 really too... was a fool to let that go.. especially as I used the money to pay my tax bill  :of>:( >:(>:( >:( :'( :police:

well i didnt see this coming at all.... :-*

i'm definitely calling in on my way home from norfolk some time next week laugh my little bum off!

ring me when you are on the way over and I'll buy you lunch young Alex  ;):-*

what a nice tractor you added to the collection mate

Did Hatty and Mavis a dance when she arived? :P;)

They are both looking a little red faced about it all Johnny...  :D :D

thank you kind sir, i'm hoping for a spin in hattie/mavis/penny however! will be in contact via text when i know dates.....

No worries Alex.... looking forward to your second trailer lesson

MGU was chuffed to bits to see his pictures in this topic. Thank you Marky! :D

My pleasure Kev... he's one of... if not THE best FTF buddy I have  ;)  ... I can't believe how he's grown either !

small update...

She's gone for an assessment today... but sadly the front crank seal appears to have given up the ghost just as she made it onto the trailer... oil everywhere  :of  so it looks like that will be her first renovation job... that's axle of etc. so not a small job.. and if you do the front you may as well do the rear main as well  :'(  ... these early rope seals are prone to leak sadly so it's no surprise really

Mark,

Yes I did wonder if the reason was hitch weight and being a shortist looking trailer you would not have had much chance of altering the weight distribution. Good decision on behalf of Clive then I would say.

On spider webs like this you mean ??? ??? ...I haven't lost a tractor yet ;D ;D BA2008002-1.jpg

Blimey!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Three ratchet straps, (or ropes if you prefer.) One round each rear wheel (in the same fashion you have done the ropes) and one round both of the front wheel pins. Back straps pull the tractor forwards, front straps pull the tractor backwards. Done.

Nice buy, Mark. You were pretty keen on this old girl when Kev bought it initially so I am not surprised to see it with you now, a good place for it to be. I too prefer tractors to be seen as a working classic rather than 'fully restored'. It's much more genuine to see her in her present state and she is very straight for her age. Sad to here the mechanical upset suffered but nothing that can't be put right I am sure.  :) :) :)

thanks Tris and Sue.... the more I look at her the more I'm leaning towards a re-build and respray I must say.... she's pretty far gone.

I was told today that the engine has lip seals and not rope ones as the diesel engine had  :-\  .. jugding by the puddle on the floor when she was run up today I think it's fair to say she needs a new one  :of:D :D

so then mark re; the phone call the other day you got the industrial drecals you wanted ? cant wait to see her dressed in yellow  :)

wassat ? you havent told anyone else yet ?

oops  :-X

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! I want her back now!! Even though you have broken her already!! ;)