Britians Massey Ferguson 7480.

TM190

I haven't got two MF which are the same shade of Red! Even the UH 7499 and new 5480, Both meant to be 50th Red, both are different. Then you open a Tin of 50th red and its different again!  ::)  ::) 

When ever i get the dam thing apart!  :of  Its well built I'll say that.. Had to leave her, Need the bigger toolbox with the more Experienced tools!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Scratch that!

I WILL NOT BE BEATEN... ESPEICALLY BY A BRITIANS!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

23092010175.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this going to be available through MF dealers in a dealer branded box or just through toy shops in a Britains box?

hi robbo this model is listed in the new mf2010/2011 collection catalogue i picked up last week, but reekie stirling cant answer that question, they just order the part number and wait to see what box all their models turn up in from mf

Any news on price??

I have seen an official Britians retail price list which gives the recommended selling price as £15.99.

Thanks for the pics TM190 - mostly looks good, but what you say about the new linkage is worrying (what exactly did Ertl think was wrong with the original Britains linkage with the lever operated cam anyway  ??? ).  I don't think there is anything missing from the cab rear - it looks the same as the mock up we saw at Spalding in April.

No, Nor does the front linkage Raise,Lower  :-

Well not without a few tweaks anyway  ;D

tweaks! ;D ;D ;D ;D

seriously though, i hope the tweaks are easy!....dont like paying for something when you have to modify it just to get it right....when it could have been done like that in the first place!!

I have seen an official Britians retail price list which gives the recommended selling price as £15.99.

Thanks for the pictures TM190 - mostly looks good, but what you say about the new linkage is worrying (what exactly did Ertl think was wrong with the original Britains linkage with the lever operated cam anyway  ??? ).  I don't think there is anything missing from the cab rear - it looks the same as the mock up we saw at Spalding in April.

agree there!!, that was the benchmark for all others to use!.With the rear cab missing bit, from memory most of the older britains were like that werent they?, a kinda hole to the rear? ??? ??? ??? ???

tweaks! ;D ;D ;D ;D

seriously though, i hope the tweaks are easy!....dont like paying for something when you have to modify it just to get it right....when it could have been done like that in the first place!!

Had a look at front linkage today, Looking at it i think it does move up + down but theres two wee metal lugs that stop the arms moving?  ??? 

I really do wonder sometimes what goes on in that Britians factory!!!!

Had a look at front linkage today, Looking at it i think it does move up + down but theres two wee metal lugs that stop the arms moving?  ??? 

I really do wonder sometimes what goes on in that Britians factory!!!!

i think the answer is not much as this is the first good tractor for quite some time, by my calculations

Bad quality picture - the batteries ran out just after I took this!!  >:(  Quick assessment - I think it is a good one.  The linkage in my humble is very good - I put a lot of pressure on it and I think the tractor will rear up before the linkage goes (as in the past).  The front weight, therefore, is there for a reason!!  I will however, echo other comments on finish - couple of scratches and one of the rear work lights was not painted in.  Very good for the modern carpet farmer I would say.

I have just got my MF 7480 today after looking a it I am really quite pleased with it overall I think Britains have made a really good job on it, the linkage is much better and the overall built is much better carry on building them like this and they will get more people buying them I rate this has a 8 out of 10 which is very good for Britains remembering that this is a toy not a collectors model like uh build.

Right, I have a question about this model for the dedicated Britains and Massey fans.

As far as I can make out the standard Massey Ferguson part number is 42501, the box has a black edging with the name on

05102010801.jpg

I went to a Massey dealer today and as well as this version they also had another box type, part number 42669 with grey edging on the box

05102010802.jpg

Other panels on the box are different as well. The side of the standard box has a model whilst the grey box has the real tractor.

05102010798.jpg

05102010795.jpg

On the other end the data panel is also a different colour

05102010799.jpg

05102010796.jpg

Ideas folks please

:of :of :of :of :of :of :of