UH New Releases 2011

AJH

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would these be used for,I can't say I've ever seen one of these before? ???

its called a trailer, and its used to move things arround in ;)::) ::):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

seriously its a grain trailer i think,maybe silage, but doubt its high enough for that mind, french make, certainly not seen one in the uk before

:) ,very good  :)

I should have said in my post about the PTO shaft on it,that's the bit that's confusing me as to what it's used for  ???

for some reason the bigger trauilers in europe have their own hydrallic system on the trailer, pto powewred by the tractor, i have a feeling its down to the weight more than anything, being 16 ton plus the tractors own system may not have enough flow rate to lift it

It's more about physical oil capacity rather then flow rate mate I think... big rams take a bloody lot of oil  :of  .. some older tractors just don't have the sump capacity

Got it in one, our sugarbeet contractor used to have a massive AS dump trailer with its own oil reservoir and pto powered pump on it as there were no tractors available that could tip it due to the amount of oil that it needed to get the two rams up. It was on a JD 7700 or 7800 if I remember rightly, trailer has since been replaced with a Bailey Beeteaper that causes no such problem

its called a trailer, and its used to move things arround in ;)::) ::):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

seriously its a grain trailer i think,maybe silage, but doubt its high enough for that mind, french make, certainly not seen one in the uk before

If you tipped silage with that trailer you'd end up with the hitch coming in the back window of the cab beside you. The wheelbase is too short.

Silage tends to stick in the trailer until it is pretty much vertical. This means that the entire weight ends up pressing down behind the axle, putting upward pressure on the hitch. Silage trailers generally have their axles set back as far as possible to minimise this problem.

Here's a vid showing what can happen.

Grain trailers, on the other hand, tend to spend a lot of time on the road going to and from grain intake points, so dedicated grain trailers tend to have shorter wheelbases, making them better balanced, so they minimise the lightness of the front of the tractor, thus avoiding bounce on the road.

The UK style pick up hitch way of towing stuff looks an easyer way for trailer to get away than a US style with a pin through two heavy steel plates and off too one side a safety chain going from the trailer to the tractor.

Agreed with what your saying SPN.

Well I predicted back in mid April on this thread that UH would do a union Jack NH and a T7.210 but even Mystic Meg could have seen those releases ;D  I also reckon a metallic blue one will follow as well ;)  however I have two T6090s which are decent models but arent as well made as my ROS T7070 so im gonna wait for a new T7.270 from them :)

That MX150 was a no brainer and at least this time they got the right decal (mx150/170 long wheelbase models) on what is obviously another disguise for the old McMac mtx175 they started with back in 02/03 ;) 

Will UH do a MF 175 in 1/32 scale anytime soon? Just asking cause they have it in 1/16 already & 1/48 i think so like other previous models like PRE FORCE 5000 (its rival in its day)which they made in all 3 scales ,im hoping for a 1/32 MF 175! :P As for other releases by UH i quiet like the VALMET 705 & got my hands on there NH 6090. Its the best looking scale model NH tractor on the market today by a mile! Love it :)