Britains trailers for 2011

archbarch

i would guess the forage one would be the new kane silage one thats due ?? the grain will be the repaint of the big ertl chaser big they did a few years back, only one worth getting excitrd ovr would be the kane as the others a pile of do do.

The chaser is a completely new build, made out of metal while the old one was plastic

I picked up a copy of Collectors Gazette in WHS yesterday and contrary to the comments above both of the trailers in the report are NEW! Shows one should never assume what's about to be released.

The trailers are both Kane MQ16-tonne, grain and silage versions. The models will feature tipping body, opening rear door, sprung drawbar and steerable rear axle. They will have a diecast chassis and axles with  rigid ABS plastic body. Expected to cost under £20 with release planned for spring 2011.

There are photo's of the pre-tooling prototypes and they look to well up to standards of UH etc. With these and the new IH/Case tractor Britains look to be on the way back if quality control problems don't let them down. I look forward to seeing them in the flesh!!

I attach a photo of the relevant page from Collector Gazette....enjoy

post-216-132639508219_thumb.jpg

I think i "need" 4 silage and 1or two grain ones, as theyre a local firm and just look bloody cool. At £20 theyre cheap too compareds to what else is out there especially as the old marston's near that price for all the detail on it. Britains really are coming back in style, bye bye siku and look out uh!!

Yes The kanes are looking well, And now I know there coming out.. Was never 100% but now I am..

They look pretty well, spot on there so far i'd say.. Of course when there Out i'll give them the once over to make sure everything is 100% I know my Halfpipes inside and Out!  ;D

blimey they look good, hopefully that will be what we get at the end with luck, can see a few people weeping a bit to after buying others out there at 2 or 3 times the price britains are looking at selling

not weepng one bit. they are an excellent trailer and don't mind paying the money for them.

Mine were customised to what i wanted.

Why not just make one trailer with a silage kit included?  :-\

Anyway, taking it as it is shown there and it looks pretty smart with the little detailing that the MAS one missed out on like grain chute etc. Pleased to hear that the construction of it is a reversal of the MAS too with metal chassis and plastic body!! I wonder who approached who to get the ball rolling in the initial stages of this model. If Britains get it right, maybe a few more manufacturers will approach them. ...  :) :)

they are looking well i must say. but iv seen some model builders easily meet that standard!

Fair play to you britains  :) :)  i see november 2010 at the bottom of the page is that when there out?

I quote from my post above....'with release planned for spring 2011'

they are looking well i must say. but iv seen some model builders easily meet that standard!

Fair play to you britains  :) :)  i see november 2010 at the bottom of the page is that when there out?

That's the issue of the magazine you plonker!  ::):laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Anyway, taking it as it is shown there and it looks pretty smart with the little detailing that the MAS one missed out on like grain chute etc. Pleased to hear that the construction of it is a reversal of the MAS too with metal chassis and plastic body!! I wonder who approached who to get the ball rolling in the initial stages of this model. If Britains get it right, maybe a few more manufacturers will approach them. ...  :) :)

did think that myself tris, i guess the main body sides would be easy to do, but keeping the bit ontop of the tailgate may be a issue??

Hooray and not before blinking time ;D  It does go to show a bit of whining works ;D    First we hear MF big balers coming from UH and now a british built 16ton grain trailer from Kane :)  Perhaps someone could make a New Holland T6080/6090 next or whatever their new decal numbering is to complete my wish list ;) 

My thoughts exactly too Tris. I really dont know what they were thinking with the Marston. Looks like theve managed to employ someone with a bit of common sense recently! ;D ;D

Probably sales volume Tris. Two versions equals two sales in the collectors market. Helps spread the initial investment costs over a larger production quantity.

Also as a toy I would suspect that the intended market could have difficulty in fitting the silage bits if they were made to scale and also could be weak and break easily. Britains wouldn't want to get too involved in supply replacement parts. . If they were made sufficiently large and robust then the whole thing could look ridiculous and not appeal to the collector market?