MF 3080

BigX500

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the closest correct wheels i can think of for fitting to the 3080 are the siku mf5455 type wheels,these are very close to whats fitted on the 3080....and a can of SAPPHIRE SILVER will be required to get them the correct colour.......id rather not be changing the wheels but i dont think id display the 3080 with the standard incorrect wheels as i feel it ruins the model....

yes light land its a pity we have to change the wheels......the wheel type didint change from the 3080 to the 3095 and the type fitted to the model never appeared on any of the 3000/3005 range at all,such a strange looking back rim on the model,i dont think ive ever seen that type fitted to any tractor

the trouble with UH  is that their production model very much depends on the actual tractor they originaly look at . remember the fiasco created when they released the 135 ? wrong wheels, wrong mudguards , etc, etc

if the real 3080 was fitted with these wheels from new in france then thats what you're going to get on your model

oh & stop whinging , be thankfull some one out there is catering to build the models that had been overlooked by the other bigger builders you would have expected them to come from in the first place

if yer not happy change it , if you don't like it don't buy it , not rocket science is it  ::)

Well said marcus , I did a quick net search last night and found 4 different hub types on 3080 tractors Inc one that looked like the uh 1200 wheels and one that looked very very similar to the uh ones they have done . I like you am just happy someones made one at last not a convo with a nasty totally wrong looking cab or something like it , I will get 2 , one for keeps the other for work like hitches front and rear but wheel unless I chop a 1200 will likely stay the same

no 600 series there then mark,i cold do with a 600 series to replace the convo i made,unless you are in bors league of convo work,and others, mpr etc,as soon as uh or any other manafacturer bring out a model what  i have made,it makes my convos look crap

You are too modest Paul....

Now then.... Martyn Reeve makes a 690.. and I have a very rare 675 that's hes made as well... go on... treat yourself  ;):P:-*

No problem... I don't recall them ever having a 600 series model at Banner Lane or Beauvais...the 600 series seems to have been 'swept under the carpet' by MF for some reason... it didn't even appear in their 50th celebration videos of the decades.... they jump from the 500 series straight to the 3000 series  :-\

Not the best cab in the world... but a formidable range of beasties all the same  :-\

you are obviously talking about the later cab then.... the early one was 'orrible... fixed steering wheel in an almost upright position... overhead built in forehead smasher for the driver  :of:D :D :D

remote levelling box lever that came though the cab and tried to kill you  :of  ... handbrake that you had to break your back to reach  :of  :D :D :D

you are obviously talking about the later cab then.... the early one was 'orrible... fixed steering wheel in an almost upright position... overhead built in forehead smasher for the driver  :of:D :D :D

remote levelling box lever that came though the cab and tried to kill you  :of  ... handbrake that you had to break your back to reach  :of  :D :D :D

learnt something else here marky,never new mf even updated the cab apart from the moving/adjustable steering wheel,that was in the last mf 600 range brochure

Sounds very similar to the "AP" cabs on the Fords Mark,...especially the "forehead smasher"............ >:( :'(