MF 3080

BigX500

I can see you point on it being a better cab than the 500 series... I alway liked the big waterproofed switches... but the upgraded models were so much better.

We have a HUGE number of complaints before they raised the roof and lowered the seat mounting... a lot of tall people (like me) would ride a bump and smash their head on the edge of the heater control bump in the roof... some nasty injuries done to some as well I think.

The 699 came after the upgrades so you'll not find a 699 with a floor mounted handbrake or high seating position (from memory  :-[ )

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No difference in the actual height of the cab... difference was a smaller head height bump... and the seat was mounted in, what I can only describe as a dented pan.. rather than a fllat floor  :-\

I think the entire upgrade happened at the same time... although I could be wrong...  :-[:-\  ... I am no expert

we used tocall those cabs "torture chaimbers"  ;D ;D ;D but the IH ones were just as bad if not

worse as they would slam shut as there were no dampers to slow them down to close gentaly on

674s or 454s if those cabs could play back a recording in time it would be allot of

"ouch"  b@z7u?d  fcukin ell  bloody hot in here in the winter "i wish it had a heater"

now i had the pleasure to work a B & C reg (1983 / 84) 600 series tractors a 675 4wd & 698 2wd & got to say that although they were a much improved working environment over the 500's they wern't what you might call ergonomicaly friendly for the driver , it was very much a sit up & beg to drive these tractors all day, but we then had  698T & 699 & the upgrdae to the cab was a noticeable difference , the adjustable steering wheel for one would have been enough , but also the slightly reduced depth of the heater & radio cowling with better entry & exit headroom & as mentioned before a besude the seat hand brake made it a lovely tractor to drive, at one farm we had a 698T & a 3080 & sometimes it hard to choose which one i'd rather drive

wish someone like |IMBER would bring out a complete range of 600 series masseys 

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone who's got one please tell me if it's got datatronic on the doors if it has the monitor on the pillor in the cab or would it need to remove the datatronic decal on the door and replace it with the autotronic decal?

Not had mine out of the box but from what I can see there's no monitor on the cab pillar but it has Datatronic on the doors

• 3 weeks later...