Britains 2011 Releases

mad4machines

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks pretty good - much better than the big nose Magnum sibling.

Hopefully those front lights are plastic crystals rather than just stickers (as on the Britains T9 models).

And agree - it definitely looks a lot better than the Siku version - some really good detail on the bonnet and front grill. Might need some new tyres but as it will probably be about 17-18 pounds that's not a problem at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully Siku will follow up their JD8360R September release with a 7280R next year ;) 

Siku seem to have to wait 6 months after a Ertl/Britains release before they are allowed to issue their own version I notice which kinda makes sense ::)  so Im expecting a 7R from them and an 6R from Wiking within the next six months :)

Britains can keep their daft wide rear track as I refuse to do a 4th convo because of it >:(

Bit of critisism is never wrong. You pay a fair amount for a model and want it to be as perfect as possible. Some problems like wide track width could have easily been solved without any additional cost. Same goes for wrong paint and other niggly bits.

Some people are happy with anything, others need a bit more.  ;) If we don't keep upping the limit what fun is there left then?

Bit of critisism is never wrong. You pay a fair amount for a model and want it to be as perfect as possible. Some problems like wide track width could have easily been solved without any additional cost. Same goes for wrong paint and other niggly bits.

Some people are happy with anything, others need a bit more.  ;) If we don't keep upping the limit what fun is there left then?

I agree Niels, but also on my 8330 there is no reason why the track should be any wider, they've actually added spacers and a longer axle, if they didn't bother with the spacers and had a slightly shorter axle there wouldn't be a problem, so i don't see why they went to the extra hassle?

just been looking in collectors corner of classic tractor magazine and it says in britains autumn releases

shepherd & sheep hurdle set-£4.49

bale trailer yellow-£14.99

tandem axle trailed livestock transporter blue-£16.99

cattle troughs x 3-£4.49

does any body have photos of these, i know the bale trailer is a few pages back on this topic but what bout the live stock trailer, thats whats got my attention

I have seen photos of them Jordan but if I showed you them well I would have to shoot you ;) ;) . There are photographs of all the ones you mention in issue 7 of Model Farmer under "New Releases" which I think is out this coming Friday. To be honest I think it is only a colour change on the tandem axle livestock trailer.

I have seen photos of them Jordan but if I showed you them well I would have to shoot you ;) ;) . There are photographs of all the ones you mention in issue 7 of Model Farmer under "New Releases" which I think is out this coming Friday. To be honest I think it is only a colour change on the tandem axle livestock trailer.

ahh right, thanks, ill wait till model farmer comes through then

Another preview shot :)

One thing that does seem to be wrong with this model - Britains T8.390 -  (based on this picture and the one in classic tractor) is that it is missing the four little forward facing lights at the front just above the front weight?

See this picture of a UK spec ex-demo machine and the Britains model:

post-2468-132639915872_thumb.jpg

post-2468-132639916136_thumb.jpg

One thing that does seem to be wrong with this model - Britains T8.390 -  (based on this picture and the one in classic tractor) is that it is missing the four little forward facing lights at the front just above the front weight?

See this picture of a UK spec ex-demo machine and the Britains model:

Ahh yes. It could be an optional extra on the real thing tough. Still its a better detailed model by far than the Siku version.