Ertl 2011

AJH

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always think I'd like these NTFS tractors, but I especially like the Versatile - think I will be pre ordering one  :)

I have all of them and they're a nice subsection of my collection I think. Nicely detailed models, way nicer than the older Ertl 1:32 artics but nothing like as detailed as UH stuff.

• 1 month later...

Plenty of Photoshop went into that picture  ::) .

I find it strange that the Versatile 935 has just a massive eye at the rear for hooking implements onto it. Usually the NFTS models have detailed 3pt linkages.

• 1 month later...

That combine harvester is 100% sure a 1:64 model. It's the Authentic serie number 3. There a no pictures of the 1:32 combine yet.

You can find the new models right here:

http://www.toytractorshow.com/files/ertl2011johndeerewinterprebook.pdf

On the John Deere 8850 will be more changes than you can probably see at this moment. Little details are different, other hitch (or even no hitch), etc. Also the normal releases look more plastic.

Whilst it looks quite good, when people take photos of new products why can't they ensure everything is correct?!!!! Reel bars are all on the pi$$ and one tyre is on back to front.

Can you imagine JD previewing this at Agritechnica and having a tyre on the wrong way round or bent parts? The press would have a field day!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So hold on a minute, i could get exactly the same model cheaper just because it isn't a show model? Whats the difference between a plow city model and a prestige? Are the plow city models limited edition?

Yes they are. Limited for the show only.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I won't post pictures of new items on any website if all anyone can do is moan about a tire being put on backwards. 

Bill Walters

Strange replay to say the least, if you want to sell a product it might be smart to tell the people that manufacture your product to do there job 100% correct, Ertl makes a nice product, but i think the company has quality control issues, I would concentrate on that instead of telling customers they moan.

Erik

I guess I won't post pictures of new items on any website if all anyone can do is moan about a tire being put on backwards. 

Bill Walters

Bill its excellent to see previews of the forthcoming models and im sure the main of the collectors understand that there are changes to be made from the prototypes ,i have a large number of ertl / britains models and cant complain about the final production run models ( well apart from there being a lack of 1/32nd sg2 model john deere`s from the 80`s / 90`s)

brian

I think in Bill's haste to get an image of it, he forgot!  ::)  I think I did the same to an FTF Ford a few years ago! In addition, prototypes are often doggish in quality. The 2WD FTF model is fairly rough so hopefully the combine will be 100% better. Recent releases would suggest it will be. I do however think it important for collectors to voice opinions of models, even if its a prototype. You would struggle to get better value product development reviews from anywhere else.