North East Farm And Construction Model Show Aberdeen 29th May 2011

Big A

Well on behalf of the organising team thanks for the vote of confidence Rob. Thanks also for the PM on the offer of help prior to the show as well. If you think there are places in your area where you could get flyers left or posters put up then lets us know and we can post or email to you.It's crutial to get good advertising and publicity for a first show.

i`ll be up for the show and i`ll bring some of my collection to display and if i can help with advertising i could get a few flyers up in local tractor dealers down here and could sneak a poster out on the van with me at any early season shows that i attend

i`ll be up for the show and i`ll bring some of my collection to display and if i can help with advertising i could get a few flyers up in local tractor dealers down here and could sneak a poster out on the van with me at any early season shows that i attend

Excellent news on coming up and coming to exhibit to Brian. In addition thanks for the offer on flyers and posters I will email to you but I can easily post copies to you just let me know the numbers required.

hi bill have printed off half a dozen of the posters at the moment, will lamamate them and get out and about with them next sat, have printed one flyer and will accidently print a load whilst photocopying my traceability records at work tomorow

Brian thanks for the support and advertising down in Alloa in your next of woods.I see the use of the works photocopier as a perquisite really (especially since this is the second year of no bonus in January salary >:( >:( ).......my only fear of doing such accidental things is the photocopier or printer decides to jam and I can't fix it :-[

Lucky you Brian ...our ones appear to retain what we have printed and the evidence is left in the jammed paper which so far I have been lucky enough to avoid 8)

I would work on the principal of catch me if you can and what the directors don't see doesn't bother them ;) ;)

Brian....I do like your positive thinking on next year since I hope the first show takes off and is supported by exhibitors, sellers and the public as spectators. I just hope for Andy & Laurie and Brian and myself it is well supported and it does take off since we really do need to get a Model show established in the North East of Scotland.

Yesterday I emailed a copy of the flyer and poster to 10 of the vintage rally clubs I attend shows during the year and I had 4 responses during the course of the day amd all were positive ones 8)

The Garioch restoration Club from Oldmeldrum said they would put it in their next newsletter and also have put it on their website.

http://www.gvrs.net/

The secretary of the Bonaccord steam and vintage rally Jill Standing said she will distribute flyers and try and attend our event too.

The chairman of the Deeside vintage Club Bob Lawrie has also come back wishing us luck and saying they will spread the word.

Finally the secretary of the Scottish County club Frances Ritchie said they had two members who collect county's and construction models and she will pass on the information. It's the clubs AGM tonight so hopefully all members will be told about the show.

Applications are now available from Andy ( Big A)

This weeks evening jobs have to be speaking to folk to come and exhibit at the new model show in Aberdeen.

My first call of the evening was to Norman McLean in Elgin a pal of Joe Dewar aka catkom3. I have met Norman at a couple of shows but have never seen his collection apart from what Joe has photographed.

Anyway Norman is busy packing up with a view to moving house and building a massive shed to display his collection so he said he would be too busy to attend our show :( :(

Undeterred I kept "newsing" to him and then he asked when did you say your show was ??? ???

29th May I replied....and Norman replied " oh well maybe I could manage depending how I get on with the packing up" 8)

Anyway I see that as a possibility and I said I would phone him a month before the show and see if he was available to display.

Here are a couple of photos via Joe.

Joe I know you are coming up but I think both you and I need to work on Norman so he does come along with some of these cranes...sorry ( dragline ) and crane ;) ;)

Dragline3-1.jpg

MammotPTC.jpg

Well Bruce I think Norman has a van with his surname and something else on it so I do hope we can persuade him to come down the 60 odd miles to our show......as I say both me and Joe aka (catkom3) need to work on him ;D ;D

It is amazing what one can do by speaking and humouring ;)

last time i seen norman's van it wasn't a transit just a small one like a posties van

with "norman mclenan open cast mining "or something similar

but good luck to you even just getting him to take some of his smaller models would be great

last time i seen norman's van it wasn't a transit just a small one like a posties van

with "norman mclenan open cast mining "or something similar

but good luck to you even just getting him to take some of his smaller models would be great

I think between me and Joe we can work on Norman since I know fine he want to come really.

Oh and yes welcome to the forum too Bruce I initially did not click it was you and thought it was a Bruce who sells at Falkirk and Big A ( Andy Ingram) knows.

You never know we might get you hooked on tractors yet  ;) ;)

There is a place on the forum to introduce yourself (if you wish) and let folk know what you collect. There are quite a few members interested in lorries too and in fact a few drivers too e'g PDC and MJB1.If you want to see well loaded low loaders have a look in PDC's posts...he rarely runs empty ;D ;D

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/board,38.0.html