North East Farm And Construction Model Show Aberdeen 29th May 2011

Big A

Ice cream now.t don't put ideas into my head Brian. That would be a money earner but I don't think they would let you park the van outside the hotel.

Today I delivered 20 posters and flyers to Stewart Duncan a recently retired saleman from Dingbro the motor factors in Aberdeen.

Stewart was at Falkirk on Sunday and he said our show was being discussed so the word is getting around.

Stewart is taking 4 tables for selling including tractors and he has kindly taken 20 posters and 20 flyers and will be going round past to visit his old customers.

They are on the first Sunday of each month Brian but the big one is in December but has been rescheduled to March 2011. I'm still undecided since I will be going to Gretna two weeks later. I think Andy may still be thinking about going down.

Ice cream now.t don't put ideas into my head Brian. That would be a money earner but I don't think they would let you park the van outside the hotel.

Today I delivered 20 posters and flyers to Stewart Duncan a recently retired saleman from Dingbro the motor factors in Aberdeen.

Stewart was at Falkirk on Sunday and he said our show was being discussed so the word is getting around.

Stewart is taking 4 tables for selling including tractors and he has kindly taken 20 posters and 20 flyers and will be going round past to visit his old customers.

:of :of  Be careful Bill that's a swear word  ;)

sounds good might try and get up

was thinking could get a table and make a wee diaroma how many tables are there altogether

Andrew I have emailed you with booking form, poster and flyer.

If you definately want to take a table for display can you get the form back to Andy as quickly as possible since well the 100 tables are disappearing very quickly.

Last night I made a call to Alan Kinnear the secretary of the Grampian Minature Collectors Club since the Club hold a monthly meeting every second Monday of the month in the Holburn West Church, Great Western Road, Aberdeen. In addition they hold two shows or swap meets every year in the Treetops Hotel on Springfield Road in Aberdeen. The dates for 2011 are 8th May and 13th November 2011.

Anyway back on our topic the purpose of the call was to see if I could attend as a guest and hand out some posters and flyers to members I have not already spoken to or targeted. We are getting to the stage now where we are not asking any more people to exhibit or display until we get back the completed forms from those who have already verbally expressed interest or said they would take x number of tables. We don't want to turn any seller or displayer away but we have a maximum number of tables of 100 and Andy has a friends wife working on a CAD drawing of various set up scenarios. All very difficult until folk actually send back the forms so we have firm numbers to get the table set up arranged.

I introduced myself to Alan and asked if he had heard about the Marriott show and said he had in fact and was from a friend in France who had seen it on the internet :of

It was probably on DHS Diecast so thanks must go to Joe aka catkom3 for posting up a copy of our flyer.

http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=128566

Anyway I will be going along and the quest speaker for the evening is a younger member called Atholl Lippe who works with an Aberdeenshire New Holland tractor dealer and who is a model tractor collector as well. Atholl will be speaking on an all expenses trip he won to either the Australia or Singapore Grand Prix for selling tractors.

It should be an interesting Monday evening.

Singapore I think. Our local NH rep went on the trip too.

So the above post is - "I rang a bloke who is in a model club and asked him if I could go to one of their monthly meetings to hand out some flyers. He said yes" - in short!

:D :D :D

I'm sure it will a worthwhile visit Brian. I already know some of their members and I'm sure Atholl's talk will be interesting. In addition it will be a chance to hand out a few more posters and flyers to advertise the show.

Well I attended the Grampain Minature collectors club February meeting last night and was made most welcome by the 20 odd members in attendance. The secretary Alan Kinnear even said I could do my "presentation" first (if you could call it that) and I was able to distribute quite a few posters and flyers and have a chat with some of the members at the end.

After that we were entertained by a younger member Atholl Lippe who did a presentation and slide show of his all expenses paid trip sponsored by New Holland to the 2009 Singapore Grand Prix. The evening was closed off with a nice cup of tea or coffee and some cookies 8)

Well me Andy,Brian and you too I hope Andrew ;D ;D ;D

Seriously we don't have final number's but circa 80 odd 6 foot x 2-1/2 foot tables planned for the venue.

A full list will follow as soon as more confirmed application forms are sent back to Andy.

Have you completed your application form yet ...assuming you still want to come and display ??? ???

yeh im still going to do a display just have to post the form will get that done tommorow its sitting on my desk in an envelope :)

Andrew, As Bill says we are filling up fast, so the the quicker you get the form back the better. ;)

Out of interest how many tables are you looking for?

The show got mention in the events and shows section of the latest Classic Tractor magazine. A big thanks to Rory Day for that.

Last night I got another chap wanting to take two tables to display 1/16 tractors ( G&M farmmodels, RJN Classics & UH) plus some heavy haulage lorries.