Any advice on VAT qualifying Double cab pickup trucks please

I presume the Landy was manual? I've never driven an automatic. I suppose it leaves your left hand free to swipe any rowdy kids in the back or eat a Dangerous Dave burger?... :-

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D :D :D  .. it was indeed a manual.... on it's second clutch and having only covered 31K miles  :of:D :D

I'll tell Dangerous Dave he's had another mention on here... it puts a smile on his little chubby cheeks when I tell him he's famous on FTF  :D :D :D

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Race-Mesh-Black-98x24cm-Open-AUDI-AUSTIN-/400187365356?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5d2d0697ec#ht_2164wt_1139

basically, remove the grill surround detach (cutoff?) the bling bling mesh and bond the new mesh in, with tiger seal. if you did that top and bottom it might just tone down the jaws.jpg look....

Nice buy old boy.... not so sure on the running boards but it is a nice truck, i just brought a 2006 rodeo 4x4 double cab and i love it, was the newer version of my work ute but the version befor yours

both our versions are the work spec so vinyl interior not that hard to clean fabric stuff, they punch well above there weight and mine can fit 3 6ft boys in the back and be comftable for 300km or so

Dont think you will ever complain about yours should be built like a ww2 bomb shelter

Phwoar.... what a beasty... that's a very interesting website Joe... thanks for sharing.  I can just see Bill with one of those, towing his Nuffy  :P

Not 'flash' enough for me though sadly  :P;) ;) :D

Oh Mark yes that would turn a few eyes would it not...sadly it might not be as economical as my present prime mover ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Surprised it is not a Hummer  ;D ;D ::)

So am I now you mention it  :of:D :D  ... oh well there is always the BMW to change next  ;D

hubba hubba  ;D 

take it you can remove the back off of it if you want ?

like we could on our old one ?

please say it's got power drive though lord F ,(it's a button on the left of the steering wheel that has a P on it) ::):P

It's got a power drive button Mark... but it's on the floor by the gear selector now mate... doesn't seem to make a great deal of difference though in all honesty.. other than make it rev for England  :of:-\  .. I suspect it would be more useful when towing a 3t load perhaps (increase the revs to change up less often). And yes the back does come off if you so desire buddy

Brief update... 880ish miles so far.. no problems and I am VERY impressed with it at the moment I must say.. a HUGE improvement over the old Landrover Defender.. it's in for its 1000 mle check up and oil change tomorrow

How's the fuel economy Mark?

Well I won't tell a lie Chris.. not great mate in all honesty... it's reporting about 23mpg... which I suspect is about right, if not a little on the high side  :of .. I'm hoping she'll improve as the engine loosens up a little  :'(

very nice Mark!!, will i see 'Dealer D' down Tesco tomorrow night!!! ;D ;D ;D

come on, time for the BMW to go, you know you want to!!

Thanks Ben... I'm sure you will mate.., she spends most of her life in there  :of>:( :'( :D :D