Foyle View Farm 2013 update

MF-ROB

But things were not on our side as it was dry over here for weeks the well that we were all lifting out of was starting to run dry  :(

P020511_1704.jpg

At this time my dad still wasnt back from work and we were starting to run out of water so my dad came on home with his lorry and the tanker that he lifts milk with.

P020511_1933.jpg

P020511_1933_01.jpg

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i think so Light Land  :-X

well i have some bad news again and some good news so we will start with the bad news well after a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG battle with my dad asking him to keep our old leyland if we get a new tractor and loader he has now sold it to a mate of his  :'( :'( :'( but his mate wants to restore it back to new im sad its going but in some way glad its went to him asi know its went to a good home were he will look after it and he said i can come and see it any time and even help him to restore it it not all bad  :-\ i think  :D

GOOD NEWS

my dad and i are on the look out now for a tractor and loader  now. Had a look last night at one or two or three ha ha!  can you cast your minds back a few months when i was showing you guys the MF 390 with the duncan lift-off cab and loader well had a look at it well the rust on it ha ha! the cab is starting to rot from the floor up which isnt a good start.

Then in the same yard we seen a lovely MF 5455 HI-VIS with loader but with a closer look someone who had it last must of tryed drive it into a low shed as the top part of the roof is out of shape so the search goes on  :-\ :-\ :-\ but were in no hurry we have all summer to look as we wont need a tractor and loader untill we have to bring the cattle back in for winter housing  :D

So spoke to my boss very nicely and got a long weekend off last week so my plan was to take friday off so i could go to the bamoral show up in belfast with the misses so after a long 3hour train journey which never took that time before  ::) if you did it in the car would take a hour and 20mins  >:(  but we wanted to have a few drinks so we went on the train  ;D

just got a few pictures of some Masseys Lord ferguson will be happy because i got a picture of his new replacement for his MF5480 ha ha!

MF5450 with front linkange P.T.O and loader (leylands replacement) ha ha! i wish  :laugh: :laugh:

P120511_1300_01.jpg

MF 5450 with the misses

P120511_1301.jpg

MF 6480

P120511_1300.jpg

MF 165 and a side mounted single chop

P120511_1411.jpg

MF 135 and MF baler i think its a MF 20 baler not sure i forget wish this man wasnt in the way

P120511_1411_01.jpg

Ooo Ooo Ooo I want that 5450 soooo much.. and just what the hell is a 949 loader as well  :of

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I THOUGH you might like it Lord Ferguson i realy love this set up as well i want one to ha ha! the MF 5480s days are numbered ha ha!

i bet that the lord is ringing his dealer rigt now asking can he have one out on demo ha ha! and whats his massey worth as a trade in ha ha!

@ Lord Ferguson that MF 5480 would look so well on you dump trailer or load-loader ha ha!

My Boss has got 1 of them new models on order comes in july cant wait its sum bit of kit:)

Thanks for your reply jamie what model has your boss got on order and whats it coming with you will have to post up some picture when she comes for Lord Ferguson and me  ;D 

well here it goes i had just landed back from work on my late night so didnt get home untill 8.30pm got my diner in to me so it going on after 9 my mobile rang next door neighbor

Phone call goes abit like this

fonejacker.jpg

Neighbor- Well bob what ye at i bet you laying in the house  scratching your bxxl's ???

ME - Well im just in from work and finishing my diner why you asking ???

Neighbor- could you come down and cart some silage for me for a hour or 2 as one of my men had to go home.

Me-  ;D ;D ;D well ok were are ye at

Neighbor- Middle field

Me- Im in the car  ;D ;D ;D

just got some pictures some of them are not good they were took on my phone and i would of took more but my battery was on its way out  >:( >:(>:(

This is what i was driving  :)

P230511_2115.jpg

Tractor lifting was a new MF 5475 dyna 4 just a month old and Pottinger mx6 the MF 5475 replace a 4 year old MF 5465  :)

P230511_2136.jpg

P230511_2136_01.jpg

Three of us were carting in me in a MF5460 dyna 4 with a 8.5 ton marshall trailer MF3095 with front linkage and P.T.O with a 10.5 ton johnson trailer and a SAME 100.4 with a 8 ton johnson trailer and there was a JCB 526s pushing in sorry i count get better picture for you guys but he hasnt got all the silage in yet so i might get some more  :)

MF 3095

P230511_2134.jpg

SAME 100.4

P230511_2114.jpg

Three of us were carting in me in a MF5460 dyna 4 with a 8.5 ton marshall trailer MF3095 with front linkage and P.T.O with a 10.5 ton johnson trailer and a SAME 100.4 with a 8 ton johnson trailer and there was a JCB 526s pushing in sorry i count get better picture for you guys but he hasnt got all the silage in yet so i might get some more  :)

Any picture is better than no pictures  ;)  and they arnt that bad  :)  kit looks good & some view from that field  8)

Any picture is better than no pictures  ;)  and they arnt that bad  :)  kit looks good & some view from that field  8)

Thanks Taz aye the views were i live are realy good i have to say glad you like them hope to get more pictures but  ;D

nice update Bob that 5460 is a lovely little tractor  ;D  looks like you had fun carting silage anyway

Oh yes jdeere how could you nott have fun carting silage :laugh: the only thing is it was abit wet

and at the start i couldnt get the hand of the Dyna 4 but ocne i got onto it its lovly to drive i must say  :D hope he rings me some time soon  :)

Just a we update for you guys on here its been very wet and windy nearly all the month off May over here  we have had to bring in some stock as we dont want them tramping the ground as well as that with the wind and the cold the grass has come to a stop  :(

but on the good side my dad and i are heading to look at a nice we Massey to night a 1996 MF375 2wd with a MF 820 loader its sitting in a dealers yard called Mc Mullan tractors  ;D  heres a few pictures of it just off the net will get better ones to night when we go to look at it

375.jpg

untitled.jpg

She looks good Bob, just dont buy her, put a loader on then absolutley wreck it  :of  I might not be a fergie fan but she doesnt deserve that abuse  :P  and no Lord F I'm not joining the red side even though I drive a fair fe wof them  :P

Thanks guys for your kind words  :D

well im pleased to announce to you all that we are the proud owner of a 1996 MF 375 12x12 2wd  ;D went last night to take a look  we went with a 2wd again as its handy in our yard to go around the the building we have and yes there will be people saying that we should of gone with a 4WD but for all the work that it will be doing i think it will do our job...

The history of the MF 375 it started life at a agri college it england the dealer that we bought if off bought it off them with 1500 hours on it and then sold it to a old man near him were he put 400 hours on it then he traded it in for a MF4345 because he had bought a dubble bale lifter to speed him up when bringing in his hay  there is a MF 820 loader for it which the bucket was never used by him and a grape which he used to lift round bale hay....

heres a few pictures i took last night of it

P310511_2118.jpg

P310511_2116.jpg

P310511_2119.jpg

1908 hours on the clock

P310511_2119_01.jpg

from those pictures it looks immaculate,good luck

looks like a tidy number, got to be worth a look if nothing else going by them pictures

@ Paul&Tractorman yeah she's clean not to many as tidy as her we have be tramping the country looking for a 300 series like this one

Are those guys the new Landini dealers up your neck of the woods Bob?

nashmach im not sure i think he is i will find out for ya

:P  phwoar... she looks like a beauty... if you don't have it... I reckon I will  :-*:D :D

assuming you do loans at reasonable rates that is  ;);D:-[

Your to late Lord Ferguson she sold to some boys who like there masseys as much as you do ha ha!

She looks good Bob, just dont buy her, put a loader on then absolutley wreck it  :of  I might not be a fergie fan but she doesnt deserve that abuse  :P  and no Lord F I'm not joining the red side even though I drive a fair fe wof them  :P

jdeere dont you be worrying about her she wont get much wrecking at the place she heading to see more washing and polish than hard work and dung  :laugh:

i'm a sucker for 300 series MFs!  :-*

yeah goon theres somthing about them i love them to i want a MF 399 with a TB turbo 18 speedshift a guy that i would do a bit of work to had one a few years back but i didnt have the money to buy her  :'(

Archived