Would this pull this?

Hi everyone

Got the interchangeable Joskin trailer set a while back and love the model but as far as I can tell the only thing that 'looks' like it would pull it is my Xerion 5000. But then I thought what about the FW-60, it's a big beast with some power but wondered if anyone with real experience of such things could advise if it would actually pull a fully laden Joskin Slurry tanker?

post-3151-132639819239_thumb.jpg

post-3151-132639819272_thumb.jpg

post-3151-13263981933_thumb.jpg

Depends on wether your asking could it pull it or would it pull it ?, A FW60 could easily handle the tanker with power to spare, but being more suited to heavy draft work ,would anyone put this tractor to that use, something like a JCB Fastrack would probably be more suited.

a ford fw 60 is 330 odd bhp so i would guess she could handle it no worrys, i know the xerions roughly 500?? certainly wouldnt try it with a ford 7810 thats for sure ::):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I did mate and look at the state that 7810 ended up in  ;D

Allis what do you mean by heavy draft work?

Cheers

i have a feeling a quick check on G&m 's page may assisit in that, wiking did a 936 on red hubs with trelle  tyres, but its not a cheap model mind  ;) ;)  80 odd quid from memory

80 billies!  :( I'm not gonna look because before I know it the money will be leaving my bank account  ;D I saw a black one somewhere, not sure if had Trellas though?

theres a black wiking 936 but thats not got trelles, and aint that cheap to buy either, dont see to many round as they were limited edition, bit like the skiu 936 a while back ,

Is that the white one? Seen that too but I like me detail and I would wager Wiking beats Siku on that front.

only white 936 has just been released, and i aint sure thats on trelles to be honest , other option is the uh mf8690 on trelles, thats limited but wasnt as costly as the wiking ,50 odd quid i think

Sadly I checked that model a while ago and the ones I found at the usual outlets were circa £70!

Well im sat here looking at the Joskin rig on my mantlepiece complete with the terraflex ripper on the back :D  and having seen a few pictures of a real one on a yorkshire farm working on wheat stubbles I noticed it was being hauled by a new CASE Magnum 280 which I suspect is as small as you would want to go!  If its got to haul the Joskin up hills fully loaded with poo and the terraflex tines in deep I suspect you would want 300hp minimum and probably 350 ponies  to be truly boss of the job and no doubt the tractor would need to have a vario gearbox.  An old FW60 would lack the gear ratios and their flexibility to be good at the job ;)    So its either a Fendt 936/939 from Wiking or do as I have done and put a siku John Deere 8345R  radio controlled model on the front of it and really get that carpet worked with some muscle ;D  Expensive mind you at £160 for tractor plus £20 for front weight and rear wheel weights and then £50 plus for tanker and terraflex :of