Harvest 2011

jordantaylor

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

seen a claas lexion header being towed back to the yard today, whether they've had a go anywhere i don't know, and then also a New Holland header on the trailer at the edge of a field after having a bit of a go in some barley, but i assume it wasn't fit. Although a contractor in our area has been out with his CR9080 from what i've heard, but for somebody else.

A couple of pictures of the damage,.....look closely at the rotor ends nearest and the two long "vanes" that are showing on the top are completely missing on the bottom,....and how "dented" they are from being wrapped with linseed straw......

eqb32u.jpg

The same ends shown in situ,.......rather "beefed" up I would say.....

281ylh2.jpg

The triangular strips on the new rotors run the complete length of the rotor, much stronger.

Talking to the two fitters and they said that this was a common problem with linseed and the old style rotors. :(

well I've seen my first combine in a field today - it was stopped however (possibly a breakdown or a driver break).  Anyway it was an MF 7274 and was seen not far from Cross Houses on the A458 Shrewsbury - Bridgnorth road.  Thats the Wrekin in the background.

There were quite a few combines seen at Morris Corfields place in Broseley, have a few photos of them if anyone wants to see them, nothing spectacular though.

post-566-132639865594_thumb.jpg

can hear one machine out, usually is the first one of the year!!, and was confirmed when i saw the JD carting Barley back to the shed......he'll have the field ploughed in the next few days!! ;D ;D ;D , he never hangs about!

Claas Lexion in Rape today with a JD 6930 and Case MX carting away.

2x New Holland CR9080 elevation in barley in the same field with Fastrac 3230s carting away and a Massey Ferguson baling with a New Holland BB9090 behind them.

2x New Holland CX ??? working within a few hundred yards of eachother, didn't see what was carting away.

And then just arriving at home we were passed by a Fendt 415 going hell for leather with a Griffiths trailer on the back, don't know where he was off to though.

Also the New Holland dealer near us now has no combines parked in the yard anymore, so i assume they are either out as demonstrators or have been delivered to where ever they were going.

The harvest of frost mixed with mud and muck is well under way here with gates ways and 50 meters up the road from the gateways were farmers have been going in daily to feed cows now nicely cut up and pugged.Looks like a bumper crop of mud this year. 

well the lexion 600 TT and the new holland CR980 are ready to go, last minute service on the lexion have been finished.

just need the wet weather pass after the weekend and then we will be go when its dry, all the rape and wheat fields have had the edges topped by myself and another bloke on 11 plate jd 7430 and kuhn topper

me and micheal finished rouging today, 2600 acres done and the rape is ready now so just waiting on the weather

got to get a new camera aswell as mine has packed up after 2 years of rough farming with myself.

but i will get pics of the combines working

Two of our neighbours have both started cutting now, had to go baling for one of them Friday afternoon (just noticed its Saturday ;D ), the barley wasn't brilliant but it also wasn't as bad as he feared at about 7.5t/ha. Will post up a few pictures later on :)