Harvest 2011

jordantaylor

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic photos from you all. I wish I could get out with the camera but I'm just too busy so I guess I shouldn't complain!

Over the last couple of days, mainly on my trip from the yard to Kent and then up to north Cambridgeshire and back home - taking in Hampshire, Berkshire, Surrey, Kent, Essex, Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and finally Wiltshire once more  ...  I saw plenty of oilseed being harvested along with barley, a fair bit of bare stubble and a lot of cultivated land - most of which was in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. Eclectic mix of combines too and forgive me for sounding surprised as it is a big Hunts area but southern Wiltshire and Hampshire was being graced by some huge Deere's I notice. Although just around Devizes alone I counted six CR80**'s working. Plenty of these and Lexions elsewhere on the trip too and a few Challenger MT's bringing up the rear.

:) :)

Final batch come with a theme and a story...

Having heard that both the brand new JD combines that the local co-operative farm got this year have already broken down (that'll teach them to move from Claas to another brand!) I found this... (first photo).

What you can't see is another identical JD combine parked out of shot. The farmer (hands on hips) initially thought I'd come the help fix the broken one, but we got talking about combines etc. The two JDs were contracted from Tuckwell's in Worlingworth, the first had broken down and the driver for the second one hadn't turned up. "That's ok" I said, "get the driver from that one to drive the other!"

"You'd think..." he replied and pulled a face to indicate he'd suggested that without it being an option. So he had two useless combines sat waiting for a driver and a working fuel system.

I left them to it, it wasn't a happy field!  ;)

Off I trundled and spied another half cut field of OSR. Parked up and took a wonder in... first thing I saw was a Tuckwell's service van. Not *again*...! Luckily, no. This time, for the first time this year I saw a big, new JD actually doing what it was supposed to do! This doesn't take anything away from the fact that this year I have seen more Tuckwell's service vans in fields than working modern JD combines! That said, the JD engineer was riding shot gun in the cab, so perhaps he'd just managed to massage the combine back to life after another JD calamity???  :of::):D:-[:)

Anyway, time to stop... (just like a JD!)

/malc.

post-1701-132639886532_thumb.jpg

post-1701-132639886548_thumb.jpg

post-1701-132639886603_thumb.jpg

somethuing tells me that malcy would have rather die than drive a jd josh  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yep, the green in Malc's blood is of a much lighter shade...with a spot of red and white mixed in.  Definitely no yellow!  :) :) :)

Malcy should be grateful to actually see a brand other than Claas if hes living not far from Saxham in Suffolk ;)

The bloomin light greens are everywhere which makes me wish a few farmers would understand that Claas are not the only company that makes a good combine >:(    More CASE, NH and MFs would be most welcome :)

Malcy should be grateful to actually see a brand other than Claas if hes living not far from Saxham in Suffolk ;)

The bloomin light greens are everywhere which makes me wish a few farmers would understand that Claas are not the only company that makes a good combine >:(    More CASE, NH and MFs would be most welcome :)

They can't get enough of New Hollands round here, i know of 8 CR 9080's in my area, although there are still a fair few Claas, especially back Peterborough way.

Less of the Deere bashing lads  :P  we like our 2064 and that doesnt put very much grain over the back, I say thats a driver problem

Cause its an older combine  ;) 1450wts are the ones which seem to have alot of grain out the back and i am pretty sure it isnt a bad driver as they never had the same problems with there old combines!