Harvest 2011

jordantaylor

A lot of straw being moved around up hear too Paul, there has been a lot out in the rain over the past week. I'm heading down to Penzance tomorrow, then Helston, up to Camelford and then home via Sidmouth with a bit of luck. I hope I see plenty of scrabbling going on as we are in for some rubbish weather again as far as I hear.  :-[

Nice photo of the two machines unloading together Mark  :)

been a very poor summer tris,i said in previous posts that this was my first day of harvest work,in the fields where i was raking,loads of ruts where obviously the combine had been spinning and all the gateways i went in were  poached

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its strange but its been better weather this harvest up here; in fact the field where I saw the Lexion yesterday had cracks in the soil indicative of drought!  There is a lot more done than there was the previous few years it seems.

we've finished all the wheat only one load cut above 18% the rest was all below 16% the shed's full so we're happy the second wheat did over 4t/ac but the first only did 3.5t/ac but we're happy considering how dry it was still got 65 ac of straw lying in swaths and its rained most of the day today. My mate reckoned to be getting 5.3t/ac in one field of first wheat but they got a little bit more rain than us at the crucial time

ahh right,

must get out on my bike tommorow to try and catch some equipment working

I heard rain is on the way - hence why I felt I ought to go today, did 37 miles even though work was mad and I really just wanted to come home and go to bed!  Was worth it though, but I am sore as hell right now

There is still a bit left to do around here - was on the bus before and saw a Dominator 86 going (its rained since so doubt it will be still at it) and there are a couple of fields along the bus route still untouched which I *think* should be harvested by a Laverda 3000 series combine, so I will try and get out that way in the coming days and hopefully catch it at work.  :)

We finished our wheat nearly 3 weeks ago now and the bulk of the spring barley around the same time. The boss cut the las 12m of headland around a 14acre field that had been too green when the rest was done Thursday evening so we're all done and dusted now. The student is currently in the process of moving our oilseed rape from the spud store into the grain store a mile away as we plan on storing it for a while this year as there's a world shortage apparently so we're hoping the price escalates

well is basically all done arond here, just bale stacks waiting to be shifted, cultivations are well under way now, muckspreaders around and about and the poultry much is getting carted to the stubble fields.

the potatoes are going well, both suckleys and griffiths are on the green top and they all have graders and elavators setup at the stores to start loading

maize is not far off either about 2 weeks round here and there is some lettuce crops left to be harvested by PDM

well is basically all done arond here, just bale stacks waiting to be shifted, cultivations are well under way now, muckspreaders around and about and the poultry much is getting carted to the stubble fields.

the potatoes are going well, both suckleys and griffiths are on the green top and they all have graders and elavators setup at the stores to start loading

maize is not far off either about 2 weeks round here and there is some lettuce crops left to be harvested by PDM

The Lexion and CR980 back in the barn now?  Wouldn't have minded another look at the CR, nice machine