Harvest 2011

jordantaylor

seen plenty off activity today while travelin about, bulk been NH cr as well as a number of TX and 8000's, few lexions and a cash ih plus couple older JD. best sight had to be a clayson 1520 with head been pulled behind a Marshall and closer to home found a class senator.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A slightly unusual Case?

It's a red New Holland TX. They were offered briefly during the Case/New Holland - CNH merger. I have seen one recently which could well be the one you have pictured. A chap I went to college with had one on his farm around the turn of the century and I have seen two working together in Dorset. I don't know how many were made or sold and where they were or were not offered but that's the only four I know of.

It's a red New Holland TX. They were offered briefly during the Case/New Holland - CNH merger. I have seen one recently which could well be the one you have pictured. A chap I went to college with had one on his farm around the turn of the century and I have seen two working together in Dorset. I don't know how many were made or sold and where they were or were not offered but that's the only four I know of.

I thought it was a Case CT series? I have a brochure on them, they are exactly the same as a TX i thought just with a few slightly different case features?

What sort of acreage would they be covering each year - 3-4000 acres each - so 6-8000 acres in total?

got to be to justify the outlay i guess mate, they are big machines, mind you i saw a spec sheet somewhere that said the hp, grain tank size ect were all exactly the same as a lexion 600 series??

I thought it was a Case CT series? I have a brochure on them, they are exactly the same as a TX i thought just with a few slightly different case features?

Now read my post again . .. . Get some sleep, you've been working too hard!  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

got to be to justify the outlay i guess mate, they are big machines, mind you i saw a spec sheet somewhere that said the hp, grain tank size ect were all exactly the same as a lexion 600 series??

I don't think there are too many differences between the 770 and the 600. However, I've heard it suggested that Claas have a 780/790/800 in the plan...perhaps the new Norev 1/32 wont be a 770 after all! I guess we'll know in the Autumn.

Given where you say those two Lexions are working and that they replaced New Hollands and also there being a Quadtrac in the field it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't belong to Velcourts at Royston

We finished combining at lunchtime today, other than 14 acres of green spring barley that needs a dose of liquid sunshine out of a can everything is now done. All the straw that we were baling for our own use is also wrapped up and the baler is now blown down and put away for the year.

Do Velcourt have a big operation in the Royston area then? I thought they used all Case machines - both harvesters and combines as they had a large agreement in place with them?

Also thinking about it, one of the fields they had harvested had a JD doing some hedgecutting - or would they contract that out?

Do Velcourt have a big operation in the Royston area then? I thought they used all Case machines - both harvesters and combines as they had a large agreement in place with them?

Also thinking about it, one of the fields they had harvested had a JD doing some hedgecutting - or would they contract that out?

Well my nearest one in Lincolnshire had a Lexion 770 and John Deere 7530 on demo this season, so gav might be right there.

Here is some harvest action from around our area this evening, although its been very wet apparently in southern England today, Cornwall has escaped the rain and the sunshine has seen the combines back out.

First off an MF 32 RS (what does the rs mean ??) cutting wheat.

DSC04761.jpg

DSC04762.jpg

DSC04763.jpg

DSC04764.jpg

DSC04765.jpg

DSC04766.jpg

i thought it ment rally sport  ::) ::)::):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  some nice pictures there mark, sems to be a good few of them 30 series combines arround mid cornwall

Sorry yes, of course it does. And WTF means Welcome To Facebook  ;)

Nothing too glamerous in the way of images from me... but here's my contribution towards the 2011 Havest images...

5ea53721.jpg

Sorry about the quality... taken on my phone  :-[

My trusty steed ready of action...

2a5575f7.jpg

Dusk falls....

48d56ea6.jpg

You need all of those lights on when you are lookiong for a gateway in a field that you've never been in before  ::):of:D :D

Finally... I captured two videos for anyone who is interested... again... nothing unusual... I'd recommend giving them a miss really...  :D :D :D

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/markyferguson/?action=view&current=e1c0e195.mp4&newest=1

http://s154.photobucket.com/albums/s259/markyferguson/?action=view&current=d04842e3.mp4&newest=1