1981 Britains Ford TW-20??

Steve P

Today while attending the fantastic Welland show near Malvern, i spotted a old 1981 Ford TW-20 for sale for what i thought was a good price "15 quid in fact".. i purchased the un-boxed and slightly worn model, well i just had to!!. I was suprised that the cab is metal though, is this a replacement cab or original??.

If it is a replacement then it looks pretty good and i am pleased with it, though i wonder if britains ever made metal cabs??..

DSCN4168.jpg

Here is a pic of the model, have a purchased a dud or can i sleep easy tonight.. ha ha!..

Well metal cab or not,it looks pretty good & tidy.  ;)Id be happy with it. Look on the bright side. Stronger cab & its one of a kind. :)

No I've had one of these and you can buy a repro metal cab (unpainted) on Ebay.

Thankyou all for your help.. 8)

I am glad i purchased the model now, i have had a closer look at the cab and it has been painted though it has been done very well and it fits very nicely onto the tractor.

I agree CMB, them old plastic cabs are not very sturdy, one only has to look at one a bit hard and they shatter!! :of. I have to say the metal cab on my TW gives the model a lot more weight and apart from the AWOL driver the rest of the model is in pretty good nick.