Ricky's New trailed drill folding up for transport thingy

is it for drilling rape seed direct? if its for cereal crops you could maybe do with making the hopper a little bigger like a vaderstad or simba. it looks really good, need a big cat on the front and ya sorted.

Dunno, ha ha!, Its for sowing 1/32 stuff  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Its volume is not much smaller than the ACCORD drill, I'll do a water fill test to see the difference

why do you have the wheels backwards on there?, does it benefit with traction as to the normal way ??? ??? ::)

Looks good Ricky, keep it the same colour  :)

Wheels aren't fixed permant yet, so no reason to their direction just yet.

- I have a 2 point linkage on the front, might change it to a longer drawbar to suit the challengers or the ERTL John Deere

many manufacturers put  ag wheels on backwards these days  but unless the wheel is driven the self cleaning aspect isn't an issue so it makes no difference which way they're put on though it has been proved that the tread does last longer when the wheels are reversed, there are a few contractors round here that have reversed their front wheels for this reason .  ;)

funny you lot picked up on this but not ians west spreader  ::)

very good convo you have there Ricky :) :) 

I was going to make one of those myself, would need a good 500hp to pull it though I would think.

if it was min-till direct drilling ,do you really think it would need 500hp F-P ?

as the promo pic shows a magnum pulling a centaur .

Nice Ricky  :D :D great work mate, must have taken some time to put together  :D

Would need my big Fendt on triples to pull the beast though  ;):D

tripples would only spread the weight not necessarily give it more traction udi.

if it was min-till direct drilling ,do you really think it would need 500hp F-P ?

tripples would only spread the weight not necessarily give it more traction udi.

Well thankyou Marcus, so thats why in my 5 years driving tractors my old man said i was bloody useless  :D :D

They say it requires close to 300HP to pull the centaur, add the drill on the back, the restriction the coulters will create and the power required to run the drill and I wouldn't be too surprised.  :-\

(This is coming from someone with no expertease in these matters!)

Looks good ricky and if my thinking is right if gonna spend that much on a drill it would be hydraulic powered not by PTO just a comment i would want hydraulics not PTO and i reckon the norscot MT765 will pull that quite happily will sing when in heavy patch but otherwise should be fine as dont need to run it that deep if direct drilling for rape etc

Go for Vaderstad Ricky, could pass it as a topdown and bio-drill then ;) ;) ;)

U want one??  ;D ;D

Looks good ricky and if my thinking is right if gonna spend that much on a drill it would be hydraulic powered not by PTO just a comment i would want hydraulics not PTO and i reckon the norscot MT765 will pull that quite happily will sing when in heavy patch but otherwise should be fine as dont need to run it that deep if direct drilling for rape etc

I see,so u want one without PTO then