Jordan's new work- Thomas contractors & dairy

jordantaylor

hi

as a few of you already know i managed to get myself a job on a dairy farm. the company is called thomas contractors.

i work the dairy side but i have been told i will be working the on the contracting side when they get really busy

my jobs are scraping out, liming & adding sawdust to all cubicle beds each morning, feeding and bedding up the calves ect.... i do loads of other jobs aswell but there done when they come along, i was out at the field yesterday with contractors while they were drilling as i had to take the loader and bring them bags of seed from a farm they were drilling for.

here are a few pics of the equipment, they have:

4 x jd 7530's, case ih 225 cvx puma, jd 6410, jd 6400 2wd, jd 2140 2wd, county 1184, mf 35x, mf 590 2wd, claas jaguar 950 with grass, wholecrop and maize headers.

post-2337-132639955139_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639955148_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639955191_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639955266_thumb.jpg

ah looks a bit more like it jordan , i think you'll learn much more here than the bigger outfits you were with before . listen watch & learn, it seems to have a bit of everything, & because of the size it will have time for you fit at a decent pace rather than just throw you in & just expect you to do it .

Don't be to vocal about the last few companies though , there's nothing worse than hearing about how good or bad previous employers are  ;)

as said , looks to be a reasonable set up, hope you get on well mate  :) 

ah looks a bit more like it jordan , i think you'll learn much more here than the bigger outfits you were with before . listen watch & learn, it seems to have a bit of everything, & because of the size it will have time for you fit at a decent pace rather than just throw you in & just expect you to do it .

Don't be to vocal about the last few companies though , there's nothing worse than hearing about how good or bad previous employers are  ;)

as said , looks to be a reasonable set up, hope you get on well mate  :)

cheers mate, it does seem a really great place to work and there is alot more variation in what im doing. i feel more at home here than the bigger units. all of the guys seem friendly and happy to help. theyve shown me how to do my rolls and just left me to it really, and as im a central sort of player i am there to do anything so if i am required on the contracting side then i will work that side, the same if any of the dairy lot want time off i will fill in for them.

• 5 weeks later...

the first photo shows a Case IH puma cvx 230 we had on demo. it has the ad-blue tank and was superb on the fuel saving front compared to the 225

i think the boss is keen on purchasing one soon.

also the other photos show all 4 john deere 7530's, a case puma 225, and a claas arion 640

post-2337-132639995025_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639995036_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639995072_thumb.jpg

post-2337-132639995112_thumb.jpg

That 565 is a stunner, Jordan!!! I'd be as happy trundling around in that old bus or even sat aloft the 35 as I would in any of the newer kit. Nice mix of machinery brands and ages, I can only agree with what Marcus said.

As for the photos themselves, you do well with your camera  8)

That 565 is a stunner, Jordan!!! I'd be as happy trundling around in that old bus or even sat aloft the 35 as I would in any of the newer kit. Nice mix of machinery brands and ages, I can only agree with what Marcus said.

As for the photos themselves, you do well with your camera  8)

cheers tris, i love the older machines, just the feeling you get when your opperating them, me and another lad working there are trying to get old equipment back up an running to go behind the older tractors. weve found and old drum mower, 2f plough, 4 rotor tedder.

and as for the photos, ive entered some of my best into the farmers weekly 2011 competition and im sending some into the power on the land copmetition in classic tractor