Spalding Model Tractor Show Spring 2012

milo

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi everyone i am from west wales will it be worth the trip?i think i will be going and doing it in a day.will there be alot of scratchbuilt models there?

The Spalding show is probably the best show in the UK for model sales, standard as well as scratchbuilds, Toytrac has more displays and some others have more real (full sized) tractors, so I would say yes.

hi everyone i am from west wales will it be worth the trip?i think i will be going and doing it in a day.will there be alot of scratchbuilt models there?

Elgan were about are you from? Im from North East Wales and this will be the 3rd year ive travelled to Spalding. I go all over the country to toy/model fairs and Spalding is by far the best! Well worth a trip.

Elgan were about are you from? Im from North East Wales and this will be the 3rd year ive travelled to Spalding. I go all over the country to toy/model fairs and Spalding is by far the best! Well worth a trip.

hi james i am from aberystwyth do you do it in a day or do you stop over night??im prity excited about it. ;D

The Spalding show is probably the best show in the UK for model sales, standard as well as scratchbuilds, Toytrac has more displays and some others have more real (full sized) tractors, so I would say yes.

hi there i will be making the trip then,i hope to meet some ftf guys there then.

hi james i am from aberystwyth do you do it in a day or do you stop over night??im prity excited about it. ;D

I do it in a day purely because of work commitments. I will admit it is a long day but well worth it. From Aber it would be a rather long journey to do in a day.

There are plenty of b&b's in the area. Many FTF members in the vicinity could point you in the right direction.

i will making the trip from south wales hoping to stay on the saturday this will be my 1st spalding hope to see you all there

Make sure you get into the pub next to the Springfields Travel Lodge on the Saturday night, we will be the well behaved ones sipping babycham out of crystal glasses..............well...........at least until Sean and Tris get there and break out the Cider..................or Wil's girlfriend starts dancing on the table...............or Neils and Barry start arm wrestling for the last portion of onion rings...............after which it tends to go downhill..............

Make sure you get into the pub next to the Springfields Travel Lodge on the Saturday night, we will be the well behaved ones sipping babycham out of crystal glasses..............well...........at least until Sean and Tris get there and break out the Cider..................or Wil's girlfriend starts dancing on the table...............or Neils and Barry start arm wrestling for the last portion of onion rings...............after which it tends to go downhill..............

Don't forget last years antics where Pete's mate started stealing Seans food as well :lol: :ha ha!:

Oh heavens I had forgotten that one, either that or I had blanked it out deliberately......the trauma.........the shame....... oh well Aunty Sue will just have to take charge

wait a minute, thought that happened in the hotel room later..., should not drink so much apparently ;)

it's the afterparty i am worried about..., seems Andy, Niels and Barry were heading to a stripclub in town last year, who'll know what happens this year, maybe Barry gets one more tattoo? A Ford to match Pete's buddy JD tattoo and Marky's MF tattoo :of>:D???

Oh heavens I had forgotten that one, either that or I had blanked it out deliberately......the trauma.........the shame....... oh well Aunty Sue will just have to take charge

I remember the onion rings, and Sean's steak playing musical plates :of but I left before the dancing started (thank goodness). As for taking charge...

...I would have a better chance in parting the waters of the Red Sea :angel:

Well as you probably all know this is the highlight of our Spring shows and I CANNOT wait. Even having to put up with Niels, Barry, Steve and Sean (although he avoids us on Saturday eve for some reason... something to do with Barry I believe ;) )

There's something about Spalding - it has an atmosphere all of it's own (and it's not just Sean's feet - Marky told me to say that by the way... I would never be so cruel..). Apart from anything it is a truly international event, with traders and fellow collectors from all over the World coming together to celebrate our fab hobby and top up on their models.

And if anyone has the slightest hesitation about attending... get rid of it now... you won't be disappointed I promise... even just for the pre-show party on Saturday night it's worth the trip ;D

ps no-one buy Andy any Vodka Martinis, though ;)

If anyone (those not connected with real farming) fancies learning to drive a tractor on the Saturday PM ... then please let me know.. you are more than welcome for a go on Hattie or Mavis.. Histon Produce is on the way up to Spalding from the South.. about 40 minutes drive away.

Well as you probably all know this is the highlight of our Spring shows and I CANNOT wait. Even having to put up with Niels, Barry, Steve and Sean (although he avoids us on Saturday eve for some reason... something to do with Barry I believe ;) )

There's something about Spalding - it has an atmosphere all of it's own (and it's not just Sean's feet - Marky told me to say that by the way... I would never be so cruel..). Apart from anything it is a truly international event, with traders and fellow collectors from all over the World coming together to celebrate our fab hobby and top up on their models.

And if anyone has the slightest hesitation about attending... get rid of it now... you won't be disappointed I promise... even just for the pre-show party on Saturday night it's worth the trip ;D

ps no-one buy Andy any Vodka Martinis, though ;)

Oh yes.... guilty as charged.. although it's not just his feet that 'pen and ink' as well.. all of him does :P