MarGe Models 2012

AJH

Ford had an off white for the wheels and roof, but the picture could be distorting the white as it's outside and rather bright?!?

It would be interesting to know the other faults that people think there are wrong with it.

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like the Marge model of the Ford 8730.

As mrol first remarks the PAVT wheels are wrong. In real the sliders of the PAVT wheels go almost to the side of the rim.

Even set to its max. width, one could not see so much "daylight".

And the bonnet really is not high enough. The big nose was to me what the 700 tractors made so impressive against the

elegance of the 600 tractors.

Look where the F from name Ford sits compared to the grill. You see that the fond is to small because there is not

enough room.

The front wheels are to small. In the model they just reach the grill. In real they go up to 1/3 of the grill.

There is a clour difference between the front wheels and the rear wheels of the model. This because the front wheels are

made of plastic and not painted.

What bugs me futher is that the "ears" of the cab, where the filters are housed, are too small; there are not deep enough.

And the front direction lights are too big.

With some athor details wrong this is not a good model of the Ford 8730. But please be your own judge.

Theike

Got my marge county at the weekend. I dont like the wheels on the uh county but over all it looks better. The nose is lower on the marge making the bonnet slope down a bit and the bonnet should be higher up the front windscreen and this is why i think it looks a bit odd. I really like the front weights though and it sits well in my county collection. Twice the price of the uh one though! this might put on or two people off buying it.

What is wrong hith the 8730 is wrong with these. And the gearlever (which was a great problem with the UH ones) are also wrong.

.....and there are more remarks to make.

Theike

Edited by Theike

I knew the white mudguard TWs would look the best, BUT I still think the bonnet isnt high enough, the front wheels look wrong and the rear wheels although superbly detailed, they shouldnt have such a big gap between the rim and the wheel centre, it just looks odd!

Its dissapointing because it so nearly could have been brilliant.........................................I expect many will love it and thats great but im afraid I will pass on this model as well.