Anyone going to newark at the weekend?

Jdeere6910

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovely photo's David,do you know there is a company called Black Rat model's which makes a fantastic 1/50th scale Euclid TC 12,they do three or four different versions,

Ha ha, I found a link, http://www.scottsconstructionmodels.com/black-rat-models.html bit expensive mind,

Regards

Joe.

Thanks Joe, and thank you for the link too. Pricey they are but they do look rather sharp models. Wouldn't mind that Cat 666, yummy indeed. :)

that 8430 does look nice david, can still remember seeing those big jd artics start to appear round east anglia as a kid, when tuckwells first srated to bring them in, were awe inspiring to a 6/7 year old i can tell you

Very impressive tractor Sean, awe inspiring for 28 year old me taking photographs of that machine yesterday. Other than in books and videos I'd never seen one in the flesh myself until 1996 when returning from a family holiday in Kent. Photographed one in it's working clothes that appeared at the Millenium show also at Newark. Great to see a fully restored example. :)

Moving onto "Starbrush" A.K.A Phil Hairsine's display of classic blue machines in action. Really enjoyed catching up with Phil and was great to see a Marge Models 7610 up close and personal for the first time. Must say I thought it looked very well suited to Phil's Whitsed potato harvester alongside his DBP 7610 that sat on the harvester at last year's show.

P1120161.jpg

P1120164.jpg

P1120165.jpg

P1120167.jpg

Both me and Andy have decided we want a 8430, I've got a good picture of Andy stood next to that one :) can't wait for the rest of yor photos David

Thanks Patrick, still have quite a few to sort through including a lot more wonderful classic John Deeres. I'd love to photograph a big Sound Gard cabbed John Deere artic in action, I now have five models with this cab in my 1/32nd scale collection. :)

Before moving onto the tractors located in the halls, here's a few machines seen sat around the sale arena and on the side lines.

Starting with "Grizzly" a Case steam traction engine I also photographed at the event last year.

P1110982.jpg

P1120031.jpg

Wouldn't mind seeing one of these in 1/32nd scale. A Fiat 70-88.

P1120033.jpg

P1120034.jpg

Smart looking Marshall 702.

P1120036.jpg

P1120037.jpg

I like the low profile tyres on the Case "Grizzly"  :P  :P

"Pimp My Ride" meets traction engine Barry.  :P  Seen that done to quite few steam engines and early tractors. :)

What is the little white tractor?

I stand to be corrected but I think it could be a Bolens. :)

Nice selection of photos there David.I suspect your dad will be pleasantly surprised on Christmas Day and I hope you post photos of the restored models. I don't suppose you got any prices of the tractors in the auction did you ???

That is some collection of John Deere models. There was someone at the Lakeland show in Penrith in 2009 with a large display and I'm wondering if this was the same fellow.

Nice selection of photos there David.I suspect your dad will be pleasantly surprised on Christmas Day and I hope you post photos of the restored models. I don't suppose you got any prices of the tractors in the auction did you ???

That is some collection of John Deere models. There was someone at the Lakeland show in Penrith in 2009 with a large display and I'm wondering if this was the same fellow.

Thanks Bill. Loads more on the way. I'm chuffed to bits i've finally got around to having my Dad's old toys restored and can't wait to see the results, which, given Malcolm's enthusiasm towards these older Fordson and Ford models should be well worth the wait. :)

Unfortunately I didn't hang around the auction long enough to take note of any prices, too busy capturing the other tractors on display. Ideally i'd have liked to have been there for the entire weekend then I definitely would have done. Even though I got around to photographing most of the other tractors on display you really do need the full weekend to take in and appreciate everything that's on show.