Jeremy Clarkson goof on the 1 show

If anyone want to take what a comic book character like Jeremy Clarkson says as being real meaningful comment then they need to get a reality check and, before I get criticised ................I am a public service employee with a public service pension.....they need to just have a laugh and get over themselves

At least the Government spokesman had the right idea "we have no plans to introduce execution at this time......."  ;D ;D ;D

Classic clarkson. The media have also cut out half of what he actually said last night too, of which brings his comments into context and actually makes them inoffensive.  :-\  You're right though Mike, anyone who takes anything Clarkson does say serious, probably should be executed. ::) 

as andy said, the press has cut half of what actually happend out, his forst comment was " it doesnt really matter to me " or very similar, he only came out with his final classic clarkson moment when pushed for a proper reply by them two ,how the hell the unions think taking "urgent legal advice" wil do anything lord only knows 

The media are very good at taking a statement out of context.  In fairness it is not always deliberate but nevertheless it is an absolute nightmare if it is yourself mis-quoted (it has happened to me). 

Mr Clarkson is famous for opening his mouth and putting both feet into it to a point that it is almost expected of him.  He is not my favourite TV personality but I have to give him credit for one particular and excellent programme he wrote and presented.  Nothing to do with carsit was about an army major who was awarded the Victoria Cross posthumously in WW2.  The final words he spoke went something like "...he was a man much to be admired and I wish I could have got to know him in person....

....He was my father-in-law."

It says something about the programme that I remember it and makes me think that a lot of his "mannerisms" are an act.

It's a bit unfair that you can log a compaint with the BBC, but can you log support?

There are currently 23,000 complaints, but you never hear of the positive comments as much!

As a retard, what is the opposite of a complaint?

Googled it........PRAISE!!!

Personally... I can't stand Clarkson... I really don't think he's funny.... merely an idiot who makes badly placed remarks all of the time. For me, at least, comedy is all about timing and well placed humorous comments... he seems to be unable to master either aspect.

Ant & Dec have their timing perfect.. facial expression, body language.. the whole package bang on... Stephen Merchant.. another naturally talented individual.. I could name tens, or even possibly hundreds of hugely talented performers... but Clarkson would never appear on my list.

The media will assassinate anyone they choose.. I suspect Clarkson is being assassinated for another reason.. didn't he also appear in the news recently with some controversy surrounding his current and ex-wife ??? .. I suspect he did something to alienate the media then and is now paying the price... in this instance... blooming good job too !

It's a bit unfair that you can log a compaint with the BBC, but can you log support?

There are currently 23,000 complaints, but you never hear of the positive comments as much!

As a retard, what is the opposite of a complaint?

Googled it........PRAISE!!!

23000 unison members being told to jump on the band wagon mind barry, offically it was just 423 last i heard, my wife went on strike, but even she can see his comments were a joke, not ment, and he was pushed into the responce from that welsh bird ,whilst he maybe should have just said no, clarkson is not the kind of gu yto do so, and they as interviewers knew that

I see Jeremy Clarkson is in the news again today for another comment (check it out, & read the comments on the UK version of the Huffington Post news website) regarding suicidal people who jump in front of trains being 'selfish'. Although other moaned about Clarkson being oafish etc, I think he's correct in this case. 

We can all sympathise with anyone who feels so bad about whatever is happening in their life that suicide seems like 'the only way out', but it is indeed a very selfish way of doing it.

Train drivers can be traumatised, & off work, for months afterwards, & its not exactly a nice job for the policemen, rail staff & others who have to clean up the mess. Plus there is the issue of the effects a train delay (stopped in the middle of nowhere for hours while the forensics people do their initial study) might have for some of the passengers on the train. OK, for most it might just be 'an inconvenience' (a bit late home after work), but the delay might be serious for some who needed to get where they were going on time for some vital reason.

What I'd like to know is how many of those people complaining actually watched the show and how many found out about it and then watched a replay and only then complained. The strikes made no impact and this is just the unions trying to make a noise. Clarkson is not a comedian, he is just a funny bloke. An idiot, a gobsh*** and a bit of a moaner - sometimes. Other times he is honest, ballsey and says what the majority of the public think. His comment this time wasn't funny, nor was it serious. It's purely off the cuff.

On the thoughts of Clarkson being sacked, ridiculous. Sold to something like 36 countries and earning the BBC millions, Top Gear would be gone without Jeremy Clarkson because Richard Hammond would quit. The complaints are not genuine, he earns the BBC multiples of his licence fee paid wage and so the Beeb would be daft to fall victim to the pressure of sich daft censorship brought on by public sector unions.

Two other points, there should definitely be a Praise Commission. Top Gear should pay its own presenters wages.

i  have got to say i really do not like Jeremy clarkson ,i have been in the motor trade best part of my life and i have worked with a awful lot of people that share my opinion of him ,,, as in he just talks a load of poo poo ( s*** )  and is a pathetic ,imberseal and i would really like to see him stare in a real life version of the film HOSTEL as a victim,

the thing is the way things are with this recession there are a awful lot of people out the fighting for more money,pensions ,jobs and  not knowing if they have a job next week and things are really frail. i see this at my work every week ,what was a joke/ practical joke  last year is not now and the joke gets blown out of all proportion because of were peoples mind set is in these current times ,

what was said may have been a joke and the media may have cut parts out so it shines a bad light on him ,but  unfortunately for poor old jezzer there is a awful lot of the public frustration getting vented on him

sorry guys no symphony from this corner

this is only my opinion  ;)