Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2012

Gav836

The latest:

Beinlich Monsun irrigator - Replicagri - € 50,00

Fendt 724 Vario - Schuco - € 54,00

International 1055 - Replicagri - € 39,00

Fendt Xylon 524 - Weise-Toys - € 54,00

Oliver 2655 NFTS model - Ertl - € 55,00

John Deere 9560R - Siku - € 36,00 (big thumbs up for Siku. The model and it's price/quality is excellent!)

Wouldn't a price watcher for new models on here be a good idea?

Nice Wend-al cow to add to the herd and a Charbens costermonger to go with my second coster cart to make a set.

post-1145-0-28765800-1335541194_thumb.jp post-1145-0-82969400-1335541210_thumb.jp

Apart from a set of hounds and Farmer eating an apple which Mandy has in my "box" for collection in June.

Edited by Leakeyvale

Nice Wend-al cow to add to the herd and a Charbens costermonger to go with my second coster cart to make a set.

post-1145-0-28765800-1335541194_thumb.jp post-1145-0-82969400-1335541210_thumb.jp

Apart from a set of hounds and Farmer eating an apple which Mandy has in my "box" for collection in June.

The Wend-al cow is in good condition, but then Wend-al (& Quiralu) figures have to be in good condition to look any good, as the modelling is rather crude and cartoony. They have a certain charm though. Because of their style, I think the only lead figures they look 'right' with when displayed are those by Phillip Segal, which are also crude & cartoony. Do you have many Wend-al/Quiralu/Segal figures Sue?

Edited by david_scrivener

The Wend-al cow is in good condition, but then Wend-al (& Quiralu) figures have to be in good condition to look any good, as the modelling is rather crude and cartoony. They have a certain charm though. Because of their style, I think the only lead figures they look 'right' with when displayed are those by Phillip Segal, which are also crude & cartoony. Do you have many Wend-al/Quiralu/Segal figures Sue?

Very few, David. I have some Wend-al fences and a bull who now has the cow to keep him company; one Segal horse and also some fences.

They are crude but the Wend-al do have charm especially the ones without bases but I am not over keen on the Segal ones. The bull is one of my favourite models as he may not have fine detail and his head is a bit flat (cow is the same) but he radiates testosterone charged "Bullness" in other words it shows the essence of the bull in the same way as the White Horse at Uffington is the essence of the horse although it really does not look very much like one.

My problem is finding them! I was lucky with the cow as I got a second chance offer having been outbid in the last second and it is in excellent condition . Failed to get a pig though as I was also outbid at the last second but no second chance for that one! Oh well another will turn up one day - that is the joy of collecting

From the Chris Whitehead Memorial Show I came home with the following models:

PDC Massey Ferguson 6170 conversion.

Ertl Steiger Panther ST310

Ertl Steiger Cougar III ST251 on super singles.

Britains MB-Trac 1500 M.I.B

Weise-Toys MB-Trac 1300 on flotation tyres.

Weise-Toys Deutz D130 06 with cab and red wheels.

Damian Hampson built Scaledown County Super 6 ( which I won in one of the silent auctions.)

and lastly for Dad.......a Norscot Caterpillar D11R bulldozer.

From the Chris Whitehead Memorial Show today i bought:

UH Massey Ferguson 169 V baler

UH Fendt vario 818

Weathered UH Claas arion 640 from Peter Hardy

and my dad bought a Claas xerion 5000 painted gold from Peter Hardy complete with a Wiking set of Claas weights.

and i won the Wiking Fendt CLIC sargent tractor painted white in the raffle :)

Thanks Chris. I'll post individual photographs of them in my collection topic in due course. Very pleased with the models I came home with today, which again fit neatly into the older themes i've chosen to pursue. I absolutely love Weise - Toy's efforts at reproducing miniature MB-Trac models. I have their 1500, 1600 Turbo and 1100 residing in my collection, all very fine models, so this version of the 1300 with flotation tyres was a must. :)

At the Chris Whitehead memorial show yesterday

newholland T7.270 fiat power

newholland T7.270 metalic silver

wiking john deere 753 loader

uh kuhn bale wrapper

and several items from mandy for next sunday at Aberdeen

lovely additions brian. i must admit, i was expecting a longer list than that. was your father not with you to ferry your goodies back to the motor. ;)