Whats your latest general buy 2012?

5 pairs of mole grips in assorted sizes and styles, a pair of bent snipe nose pliers and a 24oz ball pein hammer, all original Britool items at clearance prices. Been needing some decent mole grips for a while now to replace my £1.99 ones so after a good month at work have treated myself.

Went to the regular Sunday car boot in Exeter market this morning and picked up a few bits and bobs, 2 wind up wrist watches to add to my collection, a nice solid silver 'twizzle' stick, a quantity of old clock keys and others and a brand new still sealed in the box 7" 1/2 screen portable digital TV and a couple of Poole pottery items.

• 2 weeks later...

picked this up today, after a year without buying to many models putting cash away for it, i recon now the overtimes back i will be having a good spend soon

118i in deep sea blue metallic, baiscly the samespec and interior as the last car bar colour, but got the dab radio fitted this time round and cruise control which i missed big time on the last one to

001-43.jpg

• Like 1

Nice looking motor Sean...you will be out cruising with the hood down today weather permitting :huh: My new one should be arriving in Aberdeen tomorrow and assuming the private plate transfer gets done in the next two weeks I should be taking delivery on Monday 1st October...can wait having been on order since the end of March.

all day yesterday, and most of this morning to, gone from 3 miles on the clock to 157 now, only ordered ours in june clearly bmw can build to scheduals compaired to the audis going by them dates, i know my mate ordered a a5 convertable in june and his arrived built to order last week while i was off, so why yours is taking so long i cant guess??

I'm told there is now big demand for Audis in the Far East Sean and factory capacity has not increased to meet the demand. I ordered mine back in the last week of March but they have held my trade in price at that time and it is very good for a car that is now almost 5 and 1/4 years old so all in all I'm happy to wait.

A freind of a freind wanted to unload a couple of stationary engines back in the week, very close to me, so went to take a look at them to see if they were worth having. One is a 1923 Lister A, 5hp the other is a Ruston Hornsby PB 5hp horizontal engine. Both were running two years ago and have been barn stored since, all painted up and on trolleys but could do with cleaning up and a better coat of paint. The Ruston has a suppliers brass plate on it, Drake & Fletcher. The owner has all the paperwork for it but I haven't seen this yet. There is a cake crusher that comes with them as well, made somewhere in Scotland, can't remember the name on it. It's the cake crusher and the Ruston engine that I'm most interested in, I will probably move the Lister A on again. I'll be fetching it all home in the middle of the week. When there back I'll post up a new topic, I don't think we have one on stationary engines.

Edited by powerrabbit

Tim I have a collection...well I have two..........in the past I had 5 but I sold off two Turner Marine engines at silly low money and also a Coburn for very little but more than I paid for it 8) ....mind you I got the pair of Stuart Turners for the taking away so I actually gained on those as well. The ones I still have is a Petter which dad bought probably 40 odd years ago and we have never started it and a light weight Tarpen one which dad acquired from someone how was going to put it to the tip.

Yes I'm sure a new topic is in order Tim....and does anyone have models of stationary engines :huh:

I have an actual working one, well, when I say working, it will run but I've never had it running as there is no mounting for the fuel tank or a water cooling tank, those would have to be mounted on a seperate board. I'll dig it out, take some pictures of it and start the new topic later on.

Mattock, sledge hammer, gloves, trug, 2 bolsters, chain, d-shackle and some ear defenders from Withybush Showground car boot near Haverfordwest, one of the best car boots I've ever been to.

Edited by CMB

Mattock, sledge hammer, gloves, trug, 2 bolsters, chain, d-shackle and some ear defenders from Withybush Showground car boot near Haverfordwest, one of the best car boots I've ever been to.

we always have a weeks holiday at a village called rosebush,not very far from haverford west chris,lovely scenic place up there

we always have a weeks holiday at a village called rosebush,not very far from haverford west chris,lovely scenic place up there

Found it. I was staying about 5 miles north in Newport. Very nice area, but not many stores selling Britains or other 1:32 (which I was looking for). One chap selling some battered UH boxed models at the county showground suggested the farm co-op in Johnston, but they told me they weren't due to receive any until October. Good place to look at in future though.

Ah it's still there then? I saw such a shop using google street view but wasn't sure it was worth bothering with as the google photos are quite old. I'll give it a try next time I'm up then as Cardigan is much nearer to Newport than Haverfordwest. Thanks Paul.

Edited by CMB