Whats your latest general buy 2012?

Yesterday I went down to the Magpie Charity warehouse and donated various items from my uncles cottage. It was great they took everything including 7 new shirts still in their wrappers. As soon as I went into the warehouse I spied a Morris of Glasgow display unit exactly the same as one I already have and in near perfect condition apart from a small scratch which I think I can fix myself after recently having an attempt at fresh polishing. Away I had other things to do but then on the return journey I went in past and bought it for the asking price of £ 250 if they keep it until next Saturday which is the earliest I can manage to collect it. They don't normally store but when she saw £ 250 in used ready notes she agreed 8) The new price I paid for my one was £ 999 and that was 10 years ago so I'm well pleased with this buy.

• Like 1

Yesterday I went down to the Magpie Charity warehouse and donated various items from my uncles cottage. It was great they took everything including 7 new shirts still in their wrappers. As soon as I went into the warehouse I spied a Morris of Glasgow display unit exactly the same as one I already have and in near perfect condition apart from a small scratch which I think I can fix myself after recently having an attempt at fresh polishing. Away I had other things to do but then on the return journey I went in past and bought it for the asking price of £ 250 if they keep it until next Saturday which is the earliest I can manage to collect it. They don't normally store but when she saw £ 250 in used ready notes she agreed 8) The new price I paid for my one was £ 999 and that was 10 years ago so I'm well pleased with this buy.

Any pictures of it Bill sound like you got a good deal

Went into town today with Mrs Nats to start the xmas shopping (yes the madness has started) but i ended up getting myself a new coat in Jack-Jones at the cost of £75.00 and Classic Massey magazine at £3.75 :)

Edited by BOB3085

Awesome, beer is well cheap, also very tasty!!

Where in Poland?

heard the beer is good, going to krakow, 4th-10th Dec, hopefully no one ends up in hospital this time, and we're all back in time for the work night out

heard the beer is good, going to krakow, 4th-10th Dec, hopefully no one ends up in hospital this time, and we're all back in time for the work night out

Look out for nice dark bitters like Lech and Tyskie. And if Krakow is anything like Warszawa, you'll find calling cards littering the streets. Polish women are very pretty mind you.

There will be a Christmas market in the main square, we went this time last year.

Lots of drink and food to be had at the market, get some "Gluhweins" (Mulled Wine) in you in the day, then Tyskie in the evening!!

Robert the more I look at my existing one the more I think its big and I'll need to split it in two (top & bottom) and well I need to protect it and cover it on an open trailer since I don't know what the weather will be like on Saturday :unsure:

• Like 1

Bought a slow cooker with my shopping from ASDA this week, using it for the first time today, turned it on low at 6.30am this morning and its now cooked, means I won't be eating so late when I come home from work in future 8)

Also bought a new pair of wellington boots, got fed up with cheaper ones, the last pair lasted 5 full days of use before giving up so trying some of those French things this time!

washing machine packed up so had to get a fresh one :-[ , then the car demended money spent on it > :( ,so a fresh one is coming on friday to replace it.peugeot 308 ,1.6 hdi. £30 road tax ;D

Pictures please David...of the new motor not the washing machine ;D ;D

• Like 1

Bought a slow cooker with my shopping from ASDA this week, using it for the first time today, turned it on low at 6.30am this morning and its now cooked, means I won't be eating so late when I come home from work in future 8)

Also bought a new pair of wellington boots, got fed up with cheaper ones, the last pair lasted 5 full days of use before giving up so trying some of those French things this time!

girlfriend bought one not that long ago, she does some amazing food in it, like reggae reggae pork,

Robert the more I look at my existing one the more I think its big and I'll need to split it in two (top & bottom) and well I need to protect it and cover it on an open trailer since I don't know what the weather will be like on Saturday :unsure:

Hope its nice and dry for you bill.

washing machine packed up so had to get a fresh one :-[ , then the car demended money spent on it > :( ,so a fresh one is coming on friday to replace it.peugeot 308 ,1.6 hdi. £30 road tax ;D

ah ha David you wont go far wrong there great car one of Peugeot's best I sell them day in day out as I work in a Peugeot dealers great MPG 60+MPG on a combine route what model did you go for and what year. If theres anything you need to know let me know.

ah ha David you wont go far wrong there great car one of Peugeot's best I sell them day in day out as I work in a Peugeot dealers great MPG 60+MPG on a combine route what model did you go for and what year. If theres anything you need to know let me know.

cheers bob, its a 2008 model on a 57 plate. for all its just 90 bhp its got plenty of poke , a big improvement to the renault scenic it replaced

• Like 1

cheers bob, its a 2008 model on a 57 plate. for all its just 90 bhp its got plenty of poke , a big improvement to the renault scenic it replaced

Yes them 1.6 HDI 90's are one of the best engines that Peugeot made there in alot of other cars aswell for a 90bhp theres a good bit of get up and go along side the great MPG which is good best of luck with it David.

Very nice Bill will look very well in any mans sitting room filled with models :D

Thanks Robert..a little French polishing to do in the folks garage the next weekend and then home to me the following...weather permitting ;D ;D

Been back at work for a few weeks now. Came down to Italy in the car with the wife to fill up on Wine (Chianti), Cheese, Salami, and Panettone for Xmas. Just visited a truffle festival this weekend, and ended up spending a lot of euro on fungus, so good it might not make it home!

At todays prices, there is about €20k of truffle in this picture!

post-2344-0-86831500-1353880554_thumb.jp

Edited by dalethecaptain