MF Spreader

I needed a muck spreader of the MF135 era so had a shot at this. Thanks to Lord F for the brochure which helped as my memory seems to be unreliable these days. :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Edited by jdc
  • Like 1

very well done jdc,i like that a lot.in these times with so much new up to date models coming out i think that the older vintage and classic era machines we remember will stand out heads above them all...this is exactly the kind of model that would catch my eye and bring me back ..excellent job

bargain......i remember my uncle having one of these,and one wet summer in particular where his hay was all lying cut and it rained every day the last resort when it stopped raining was to load the hay into the spreader and spread it over the next field to dry,it did dry out in the end and the "wuffling" it got from going through the little mf spreader certainly helped shake it out,imagine mf had of used scene that in their brochure or included it in their grassland equipment list

Thanks Paul and Brian - I do like the antique stuff.  :D

love that 135 with the loader is the loader scratch built keep up the good work lad

It is scratch built - there are some pics on the forum somewhere. :)

what's it made of mostly mate ???

This one is mostly plasticard although the rotors and some chassis members are brass.

very well done jdc,i like that a lot.in these times with so much new up to date models coming out i think that the older vintage and classic era machines we remember will stand out heads above them all...this is exactly the kind of model that would catch my eye and bring me back ..excellent job

Thanks Brian - these are the kind of machines I grew up with so have some fond memories.  :)

Looking good John...any idea on the number of hours spent making that one ???

You could have bought an older MH one for your real MF35 last month at Forfar...it sold for £ 450.

Nice - bet that was more than it cost new!

Don't know Bill, probably around 20hrs.  (wish you hadn't put that pic up now  ;D ;D)

as usual another top notch job by you john, looks spot on, and do i spy a mf 735 loader getting grafted to a 35x back there to ???? dare say it will be another superb build if it is, way above my meger effort at one  :laugh: :laugh:

Bloomin' hawkeye Pullen.  :D That was a start of one, but have used it as a template for a brass one.

Thanks John...It looks bloody good whatever is under the professional paint jobbie...

The 712 landwheel spreader has to be one of MF's most successful products with over 35,000 being made and in production from 1950 (8 years pre MF) through to 1968 according to my records.

I was fortunate enough to be loaned some very rare material by one of MF's ex-employees recently which contains production dates and figures for most of the early implements and tractors... data that has been 'otherwise lost' so I believe.. I don't think even he actually knew what 'gold' he was sitting on  :of

Flipping, blinking, blimey, John! That really is a lovely little model you've put together, you have just got to build a diorama. All these smashing models you make...... I reckon you'd make a brilliant Lethamshank in small.  8)

The 712 landwheel spreader has to be one of MF's most successful products with over 35,000 being made and in production from 1950 (8 years pre MF) through to 1968 according to my records.

Sounds like a veritable goldmine to someone like yourself.  :D  I'm surprised that there were as many as 35,000 made - not too many seem to survive.

Thanks Johny and Pete.  ;)

fantastic built! love this little old spreader.

It is quite small, Wil especially compared with modern stuff!

we scrapped the remains of one of these recently

1 of 35,000  ;D

I reckon you'd make a brilliant Lethamshank in small.  8)

I have started but it always gets pushed to one side for models...

Had I known you were going to make one of the spreaders John I would have asked for a copy of this manual which was on display at the late Ian Robertson's working day of Massey Harris tractors and implements in 2008 ;) ;) ......how about a mower for your next build ???

Guthrie2008100.jpg

• 3 weeks later...