Wiking 2012

AJH

• 2 weeks later...

appearing on ebay already! But not sure if it is the Limited edition of the Ropa show at Sittelsdorf or the one in the White box (which I heard is supposed to be available from Ropa as of Nov.19th.)

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Wiking-ROPA-euro-Maus-Selbstfahrender-Verlader-fur-Ruben-1-32-Highlight-/380512813305?pt=Spielzeugautos&hash=item589854c0f9

The Maus is now available from Ropa for 149.00 Euros

http://www.ropa-masc...-euro-maus-4/de

according to what I heard from people that have the maus already is that many think the Maus is relativly well detailed with many accurate functions but the finish leaves somewhat to be desired. The frame is made of metal but everything else pretty much plastic. whats more? Much of the plastic is unpainted and just molded in yellow plastic. Coupled with some crude Siku like wheels, hydraulic cylinders and no hydraulic lines it has almost more similarities with a siku model. You might remember when about two years ago I posted that Siku and Ropa are working on making a Maus. at that time I had inside information from Ropa about the venture.I strongly suspect that much of the development was done by Siku and then it was decided to make it a Wiking model because the price of the model had risen so much that it could not be justified to sell as a siku model.

Having said that, there are certain feature that make this model better than a Siku. Especially the intake rollers. They are all molded as a single entity and mounted that way. Looking at the Siku Tiger you can really see the difference in these rollers

My Maus is already ordered!!

here is the link to my original post about Sikus maus. Its post number 28 on page 2.

http://www.farmtoysf...v8/page__st__20

and then here again, but my prediction was wrong. The Maus was to be a year later and not by Siku. The 724 not by Wiking but schuco : :-[

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/18025-agritechnica-2011/

Edited by Anfield Vario

• 4 weeks later...

Alright changed my mind here are some pics of new 6210R out of the box :)and a mini review.

Negative points are the curious lack of detail on front lights? Seems odd as Siku 8360R model has excellent detail to these at a fraction of the cost of the Wiking model >:(

And the daft number plate fitted to the exhaust stack is obviously a continental touch which will be removed this afternoon :police:

As for the wheels, well the official JD yellow spray paint can is waiting patiently in the garage ::)

The wheel tracking is set a little wide for my liking (Nowhere near as bad as Britains versions though) but I accept its needed to give a decent turning circle.....................my UH MF7624 has the correct track width but subsequently awful turning circle, so there you go!

All in all I can see a few more of these joining the carpet fleet in various conversions which should be straight forward......................its a top drawer model ^-^

post-743-0-07776400-1355566708_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-62162700-1355566771_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-66143200-1355566829_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-87826700-1355566880_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes Im already considering options like a bonnet switch with cheaper siku 6210 tractor ,  It might be that they decided to rush the first batch of these Wikings for xmas and omitted the lights detail, maybe?  Wouldnt surprise me to see  the lights improve on next batch of these from Wiking.

Its already in bits by the way and watch out for a nasty circlip design behind front wheel hub instead of a screw (Circlips on order >:( )

Mind you nifty design on bottom plate which enables it to swing down when screws removed so wheels can be removed.

Well at least Wiking stuck the right decal on this JD this time round ::)  but I agree its been made cheaper especially on the rear end tow hitch which is now fixed and made of flimsy plastic :-    And yes its bigger than previous Wiking JD but lighter in the hand which is a sure sign of cost cutting.

I do however think I can make a series of improvements to get it right but of course that will cost money and some will rightly say that it should be correct straight out of the box!  Therefore its a bit of a labour of love for me but I will be photographing the various stages of its conversion, rest assured.

• 1 month later...

you can remove the front grill from the siku one and put it in to the wiking one and the same goes for the top vents ,i think the bonnet parts have been swapped by mistake from the factory ,as for it been wiking quality ,,,not to the same standard as the older models wiking have produced ,,in fact you could give a child one and i dont think it will come to any harm ,,i have taken both these toys/models  apart wiking and siku ,most of the parts are the same or interchangeable ,,any way off to the paint shop with the ones i have striped down ,,no time to chat ;)

• Like 3

Apparently,if you pop the front light lens's out,you can remove the silver paint and have a far better looking tractor,I guess you would need to push them through from inside the bonnet,

WikingJDlights1.jpg

WikingJDlights2.jpg

Regards

Joe.

I get the feeling they meant to spray these silver on the inside but did the outside by mistake ???

What would be an easier way to take the paint off that wont ruin the plastic underneath? Any fluids that could be recomended guys?

Edited by bluegreen

you can remove the front grill from the siku one and put it in to the wiking one and the same goes for the top vents ,i think the bonnet parts have been swapped by mistake from the factory ,as for it been wiking quality ,,,not to the same standard as the older models wiking have produced ,,in fact you could give a child one and i dont think it will come to any harm ,,i have taken both these toys/models  apart wiking and siku ,most of the parts are the same or interchangeable ,,any way off to the paint shop with the ones i have striped down ,,no time to chat ;)

As Peter say's,just pop the whole grill out,

Regards

Joe.

nail varnish remover should work ok, i have used it to remove painted decals with no problem, so no reason tosee why it wouldnt remove the silver paint of them ok. that siad it looks like those have just been done with a finger nail or similar?? theres no runs at the edges of the paint, just nice crisp lines?? so try that first