Hlt Miniatures

any signs with a sheep on them ????

They're personalised, hun - you can have whatever you want on them. All you need to do is tell me what sort of sheep and the farm name, and finally if you want a traditional or modern style of signwriting and I'll do the rest :) I will post more samples up to help with choice.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Chris.

Now some advise is required. My resin caster has given me a selection of colours she can reproduce in our stacks of sacks. I'd be really grateful if you guys could take a look at them and let me know what any of them could be used for. Colouring resin successfully is quite an art, so you are a bit restricted (too much pigment makes the resin solution too thin), hence I took the approach 'see what colours I can have' and take it from there:

ps the end one is dark brown not black.

ColouredStacks.jpg

Someone asked me the other day what the maximum size for a layout is for the Toytrac Diorama Comp. Unfortunately, I deleted the text, so hopefully whoever it was is an FTF member. So, I confirm that the size limit is 4ft x 2ft :)

Thanks, Chris.

Now some advise is required. My resin caster has given me a selection of colours she can reproduce in our stacks of sacks. I'd be really grateful if you guys could take a look at them and let me know what any of them could be used for. Colouring resin successfully is quite an art, so you are a bit restricted (too much pigment makes the resin solution too thin), hence I took the approach 'see what colours I can have' and take it from there:

ps the end one is dark brown not black.

ColouredStacks.jpg

I would agree that the blue could pass for fertiliser bags and the yellow looks like a good match for seaweed bags but not sure how common they would be around other parts of the country.

Someone asked me the other day what the maximum size for a layout is for the Toytrac Diorama Comp. Unfortunately, I deleted the text, so hopefully whoever it was is an FTF member. So, I confirm that the size limit is 4ft x 2ft :)

Will the competition be running again next year or is it one off?

Robert.

green bags for grass seed i would say. the other colours you could use for coal bags . seen coal bagged in yellow bags and house coal in red bags. some thing differrent.

Yellow ones for Postcrete or Blue Circle definitely, as said before.

Many, those toolboxes are immense. Opening draws with tools is a real top notch addition to some very fine looking accessories.

Yellow ones for Postcrete or Blue Circle definitely, as said before.

Many, those toolboxes are immense. Opening draws with tools is a real top notch addition to some very fine looking accessories.

Thanks Tris. To be honest I wasn't sure when my sculptor suggested such a complicated design - the time involved with painting alone is immense. But, I am pleased with the result. We just need some tool plates designed for slot car enthusiasts now too!

Just a brief update:

The animal sets will be due out in the next fortnight and will consist of:

Rabbits and Pups (6 figures)

Pheasants (3 figures, including one taking flight)

Foxes (3 figures)

Crows (3 figures, including two that will happily sit on gate posts!)

The Milk Cooling Tank will be available in about a fortnight also (one is on its way to me from the resin caster so I can check the finish before final production)

Just a brief update:

Foxes (3 figures)

The Milk Cooling Tank will be available in about a fortnight also (one is on its way to me from the resin caster so I can check the finish before final production)

Looks like the Sue box will be getting full of animals and birds!

Just a brief update:

Foxes (3 figures)

the crows will be on my list mandy,any pictures of your list?

the crows will be on my list mandy,any pictures of your list?

I know you've been after crows for a while. They'll look great on top of your telegraph poles for sure!

I've held off sending any pictures because I think the animals will be best appreciated when they're painted (they plain grey masters just don't do them justice!) But, I'll start work on them as soon as they arrive next week. I'll have 50 sets of each to paint, so it should keep me out of mischief!

Archived