Photos from the 80's and 90's.

Hillview

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side mounted Jf brings back memories of a farm I worked on, mounted on an IH 785xl with a 6.5t marshall behind, Fiat 680 trailering, Fiat 70-90dt on the pit, cut with a taarup 306, rowed up with a pz haybob, happy days!! thanks for the memories :)

Great pics they are. Im trying to find pics of the gear used on my old lads farm he HAD in the 80's. The contractor had a Ford 7700 on a Taarup double chop,Q cab 7600 & Fritz cab 6600 carting. Our own Delux cab Ford 4000 was on the buckrake with its roof taken off to slip under the shed were the pit was. And the our Fritz cab 4600 helped out on the long haul carting with the neighbouring farms Ford 5000. Great old days they were with plenty of breakdowns. :laugh:

these pictures bring back fantastic memories,when tractors were tractors and not computerised,chipped or had any other enhancing electric gizmo..............as a man once quoted in classic tractor magazine when interviewed about his classic contracting fleet-a tractor should only have 1 brain......mine?

Super photographs.

I remember reading an article once (many years ago) about a similiar outfit but my recollection is that it used Dodge trucks with Bedford 4wd axles. The pickup hitch arrangement and the Newfie harvester with engine is the same as I remember.

Maybe two people had the same idea?