What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

went past a farm i pass pretty regularly today ,forst time in say 5 months due to other work, to find hes gone from all jd 5 years ago,to nhabout 2 years back ,and now seems to be running all claas ,could see 4 arions ,inc one white 100 years one , plus a smaller 2 wd one , first white 100 version i have seen bar pics on here and the net 

Nearly got run off the road by a Krone Big X today closely followed by an NH and rotor rake and a Case and silage trailer, about 1/2 mile behind were 2 Masseys one of which had a buckrake on the front and both towing silage trailers.

I did wonder if the Krone was CrevisbigX aka Ben as I know he works in that area but it was coming at me too fast to look at the driver and boy, it is a big beastie :of

• 2 months later...

saw my first combine out today,on the way back from paignton , a jd 10?? bit to far away to see what one, and also seemed to be static with plenty of black smoke coming from its engine bay, only on its first time round the headlands, someone didnt do a good pre harvest check ,and not a good start to the season i suspect 

• 2 weeks later...

A question for the Massey men.

I passed a tractor baler combination today, John Deere 7530 Premium with a Massey Ferguson large square baler behind it. I thought the model number of the baler was a 2610 and it had a single axle. The only ones I can find at dealers are the MF 2200 series and they all have twin axles.

Was I seeing things?

7 minutes ago, robbo said:

A question for the Massey men.

I passed a tractor baler combination today, John Deere 7530 Premium with a Massey Ferguson large square baler behind it. I thought the model number of the baler was a 2610 and it had a single axle. The only ones I can find at dealers are the MF 2200 series and they all have twin axles.

Was I seeing things?

Are you sure it wasn't a 2160 Mike, quite a common model and comes in both single and double axle form?

3 minutes ago, Gav836 said:

Are you sure it wasn't a 2160 Mike, quite a common model and comes in both single and double axle form?

It might well have been Gav, I was passing and it was only a sideways glance. It was bouncing around quite a lot on the single rear wheels, I think it would have been much better on the road with twin wheels

Used to use a single axle Welger big baler and they definitely don't ride as well as the twin axle variant. The MF 2160 produces a 1.2m wide six string bale similar to a Claas Quadrant. 

44 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Hows Eubrink going Gav?

I done their third and final forklift course last Saturday, they'd finished their OSR and were in the process of getting the three combines ready to go into wheat as soon as it was dry enough. 

• 2 weeks later...

Took the grandchildren to Martin Mere wetland trust today and went past a large looking farm with a number of Fendt tractors in the yard, at least 2 of them were 936 versions. Unfortunately I couldn't see the model number of the others.

About half a mile down the road were 2 New Holland combines cutting wheat and a McCormick 175 on the trailer.

just come back from visiting the old dear after my holiday and going through the main road into town was a brand new 17 plate  fendt 724 in nature green with a huge almost artic size nature green matched livestock trailer ,tripple axel one ,again  looked brand spanking new, no idea where it could be going other than for the torpoint ferry and over to cornwall, as nothing in town for it.

I usually get held up by farm machinery when driving to work or home and tonight was no exception.......................only this time we were stuck behind a JD 9RX which is the first one ive seen so far out and about.  Although I had better get used to it as theres another one just been delivered to a big local farm too replace their Quad 600........Not happy about that though.

saw a lovely db 996 4wd with db front loader today,looked to have been restored recently going by its condition,out doing a second cut with an equally tidy vicon side mower on the back. must hunt down the owner as i am sure earlier in the year i saw him cutting the same field with a bigger db of some sort, in not that bad a state either 

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

saw a lovely db 996 4wd with db front loader today,looked to have been restored recently going by its condition,out doing a second cut with an equally tidy vicon side mower on the back. must hunt down the owner as i am sure earlier in the year i saw him cutting the same field with a bigger db of some sort, in not that bad a state either 

is that out Princetown Way Sean,i saw a very tidy 996 4wd out that way

11 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

no, on the way back from newton abbot ,just past the half way house pub 

I know that pub, I used to go in there when I was at Seale Hayne Ag College, unfortunately the college is now just a housing estate

On 28/08/2017 at 9:22 AM, robbo said:

I know that pub, I used to go in there when I was at Seale Hayne Ag College, unfortunately the college is now just a housing estate

has just been re vamped, food was always good in there but not tried since it reopened, maybe sometime soon

for me on the a30 at honiton a fendt 818 today with a mengel big baler on the back, don't ever recal seeing ine of them before

• 3 weeks later...

saw a brand new black fendt 724 today, black wheel hubs the works,exhaust mirrors etc all chromed up, maybe a little to much chrome?? very nice either way,and on the way up to dorchester this morning i went past a foreign low loader heading devon way with a unbranded ,but clearly claas by its colour scheme , artic loader on the back ,looked a bit like the pics someone posted a while back of one in Germany , leihbher was it that they took over. did a drive past hambliys dealership in honiton on the way back but sadly could not see it there unless its hidden inside?? , heading west tomorrow so won't  get a chance to look again  

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

saw a brand new black fendt 724 today, black wheel hubs the works,exhaust mirrors etc all chromed up, maybe a little to much chrome?? very nice either way,and on the way up to dorchester this morning i went past a foreign low loader heading devon way with a unbranded ,but clearly claas by its colour scheme , artic loader on the back ,looked a bit like the pics someone posted a while back of one in Germany , leihbher was it that they took over. did a drive past hambliys dealership in honiton on the way back but sadly could not see it there unless its hidden inside?? , heading west tomorrow so won't  get a chance to look again  

This one Sean,

Regards

Joe.

Claas_Liebherr_L576_Main.jpg

• Like 2