What is the largest & smallest Spanner in your tool kit ?

As the title says ... but I can't compete with goon's one...as per his comment in latest buy topic

The largest spanner I have and I can't remember using it ...and I recall I got it from the chap I bought my MG2 crawler and cultivator and plough.. back in circa 1983.

It's an "Elora" combination 7/8 inch Whitworth / 1-1/8 inch British Standard and 1inch Whitworth / 1-1/8 British Standard and is around 18 inches long. I suppose other than an anti intruder device I have not any other use for it really ;D ;D

P1000987.jpg

P1000988.jpg

P1000989.jpg

P1000990.jpg

Edited by BC

random Rick is at it again.. ohh wait.. Bill? ???? ???

i am probably gonna win this .. ( i assume there is a price ? ;) )

2 1/4 " spanner for the table saw , also 32 mm for bolts on the tractor ( which is roughly 1 3/8" )

Yes Wil ...Rick aka "pops" is responsible for my "randomness"...like a second father to me is "pops" 8)

price...you mean prize ..Wil :huh:

Oh yes a fee ( I'm mean free ;D ;D )invite to view my collection of carrier bags etc ;D ;D

But we need proof Wil...photo's please :huh:

Biggest one I have is this box spanner which I use in the kitchen, to keep the door open.

Spanner.jpg

Wow that is a big one Tim...but technically I not not classify that as a box spanner but as a box key ;D ;D

Out of interest who big is it and what would you use it for other than your present use :huh:

That's a whopper Tim and no mistaking... would that have been designed to use oin steam boilers... I seem to recall old Fred Dibnah using something similar... then again.. I may have dreamt that.

I've got a hoooooge spanners myself as well.. I'll snap them tonight when I get in, although I think Penny may be blockingthe drawer they live in.. so it may be the weekend if that's the case as I'll have ot move a pile of junk to get her back far enough.

I'm not certain what it would have been used for Bill but my guess would be on the railway back in the days of steam. It measures 8"3/4 in height, small end is 3"14 across and the big end is 3"7/8. the thickness of the metal is 1/4". It's heavy.

I've also got a big ajustable as well, jaw opens to 3"1/2 and is 2 foot long.

Edited by powerrabbit

Spot on with that one Gav ;)

Infact i was going to say much the same thing but its not my boss, its our alledged Hydraulics Expert...

A.K.A Rick (with a silent P!) ::) .....

.......Who isn't an expert at all... More of a little drip under pressure! :laugh: :laugh: HaHaHa!

I get some pics this morning when i get to work but have got a 30" adjustable that opens up to 3" or 76mm and various other 2" upwards combination spanners.

Biggest spanner I have is 4 foot long x 4"5/8.Bought from an engineering firm that used to make threshing mills when they closed down.

Interesting one...what was the name of the threshing mill manufacturer :huh: and have you any photos :huh:

Spot on with that one Gav ;)

Infact i was going to say much the same thing but its not my boss, its our alledged Hydraulics Expert...

A.K.A Rick (with a silent P!) ::) .....

.......Who isn't an expert at all... More of a little drip under pressure! :laugh: :laugh: HaHaHa!

I get some pics this morning when i get to work but have got a 30" adjustable that opens up to 3" or 76mm and various other 2" upwards combination spanners.

Exactly the reason why I NEVER call myself an expert in anything - my surname is Leake (who'd have guessed)

blackberryIMG-20120422-0012 Cant get the image up here so posted it on the FarmToy Facebook page.The name of the engineering company was John Scarth.They were the MF& Renault car agent.They once sold a MF35 every day in February. Edited by 8feetmower