Massey Ferguson 4270

Back around last Christmas I started on another fergy from my long listed of wanted massey tractors,I left it for a while as there is a lot of work to make all these parts fit together,got back to it now though.

I have done a lot of cutting and rebuilding of the rear light and mudguard area on the floorpan as the 6290 rear lights are very different to the 4200/4300.

Its all loose fitted at the moment as the bonnet needs to be made shorter so the floorpan can come forward a few mm so its not so near the rear tyre,but other than that I think its kind of looking like a 4270,thoughts appreciated please.

mf4270001600x450.jpg

mf4270002600x450.jpg

mf4270003600x450.jpg

mf4270004600x450.jpg

Thankyou JMC,parts used so far uh mccrapmick mc chassis,mf 3080 front weight,britains mf 6290 floorpan,siku mf 5455 cab and roof,tims/siku 4200 bonnet.Seat,cab,interior roof lining,exhaust from a uh mf 5480 also plenty of plasticard and filler!

im sure this will be another cracker jamie,look forward to following this build

cheers Paul hence me asking you about colours.

It won't be a masterpiece as I'm sure uh will release one sometime but will do for a few years

My thought about shortening te bonnet is you get a 4cilinder model.

I personaly tryed to make the chasis a bit longer just under de cab.

For the rest i realy like the way you build the model!

It looks realy realy good in my opinion!.

I don´t know if you have the brochure of the 4200 series but if you have the right wheelbase of the real tractor and calculate it to the 1:32 scale you know how many mm you have to lenght the chasis.

Just my toughts Jamie hope you can apreciate it mate? ;)

Kind regards Johny ;)

Thanks so much Johny,I think your right about the bonnet as I have a 4cylinder 5455 bonnet spare which is a tiny bit shorter than this one as its a six.

I could sand 2-3mm off the bonnet then it all fits or like you say add the 2 -3mm in to the chassis,a lot more work for a few milimeters :-

• 9 months later...

Thanks Pete

Thanks Johny,in the end I didn't shorten the bonnet at all,a few weeks back I looked at maybe using a 3080 chassis but compared real sizes of the 3080 and 4270. The 3080 was too long going by real dimensions,then I offered up the uh mf3080 alongside the mc chassis just to see the difference.Working it out in scale size from that would mean the mc wheelbase is about 2mm too short but its looks passable and wasn't worth the extra work for such small millimetres,I appreciate you were right though Johny in saying lenthen the chassis all those months ago

Archived