ToyTrac 2012 Sunday 14th Oct

Valley Axe Man

No dealers like Farm models G& M etc I have always found local agri dealers more expensive especailly in my area

sorry mike,still not getting it,you mean people were moaning that g and m and farm models were there? or g and m and farm models moaning about other traders? for me down here,99% of the time the agri dealers are cheaper

There are plenty of images which will be uploaded once we get our next issue off to the printers. It's priority at the moment as time is quite tight! All of the pictures on my camera need to be resized down and it takes bloomin ages unfortunately.

Try Pixresizer http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

Freeware and does batches - use it every day!

sorry mike,still not getting it,you mean people were moaning that g and m and farm models were there? or g and m and farm models moaning about other traders? for me down here,99% of the time the agri dealers are cheaper

All I was saying is that some of the traders were complaining these was too much competition I did not say who it was they were just ideas of what I meant by traders not agricultural dealers>

All I was saying is that some of the traders were complaining these was too much competition I did not say who it was they were just ideas of what I meant by traders not agricultural dealers>

got you now mike,also i just used those 2 as examples mate,mind you,you can never have enough competition

Seems odd though. As probably the best UK show - definately by this years standards any trader not attending would notice their loss. Competition is a good thing anyway, take G and M. Look how many people have started since they first set up. G and M are still here, big as ever. Because of the respect from their customers. The same for farmmodels, UTS, now HLT, scratch builders like George Poole, Dave Perdue, Ken Davies..... People come and go inbetween, some staying longer than others, some doing more damage than others! But in the long run, competition between traders is as good for the buyer as for the seller themself the way I see it.

• Like 2

I always hear traders complaining but they always come back to the big shows.They all love a good winge .They should try and put up with the abuse the UTS gang get from you weirdos with hangovers from hell. We all love what we do because we love this hobby :-*:-* :-*

• Like 4

I think the only thing missing this year were a few more "Custom" items for sale on traders tables, Maybe because of Spalding the week before but this year seemed to have a lack, No dis-respect to Ken, Martyn, PDC, 3 Oaks or Keith Paice, or George or Graham, as they all had quality "Custom" model builds on their tables. Just from previous years shows there seems to be less on sale this year and more of the general release / obsolete stock ::)

for me and sharon we enjoy coming down to toytrac we must do as the economics do not add up hotel, traveling 550 miles to display a model farm and hopefully sell a few bits ,we have meet some great people through the show over the years and carry on doing so , there is lot of members on here who show cracking models off ,all i say is bring them along to show them off and the show will grow from strength strength ,look forward to seeing you all there next year

• Like 2

I've been up at the show in Blackburn this weekend and yes, taking more pictures. I'll attempt to get TT images up today though. Paul, you do know that next year I've already assigned you the FTF resident clicker role. Get that camera charged! ;)

• Like 2

I've been up at the show in Blackburn this weekend and yes, taking more pictures. I'll attempt to get TT images up today though. Paul, you do know that next year I've already assigned you the FTF resident clicker role. Get that camera charged! ;)

typical the day you are going to post the pics my laptop breaks im on here via my playstation 3 and its not the same

very easy to say "stuff always arrives the day after" but that could well happen even if the shows later on ?? just my view , personally it may be nicer to be say 2 weeks later so it gives the custom guys that attend both oct shows a gap to catch up, the main sellers will always have much the same stock no matter who they are.and can restock pretty quick, downside is it then runs close to zwolle, so for the main people that attend its prob not to far off date wise between other shows

Is there a reason Spalding, Toytrac and Zwolle are so close together?

Don't forget Penrith as well ::) ::)

However, it is because most field work has finished but the organisers want to get their shows in before Christmas gets in the way.

It is a pain, the busy show calender at this time of year but I think Mike is right. If any were to be moved I think you would be talking months not weeks. As regards to the punter, I wonder how many people who went to Toytrac, went to Spalding the week before? Not enough to move it for their convenience I should think! While some of us look at the shows as a year long plan, you must remember they are regional and more people probably don't look at it in the same way. I am sure most treat one show as an annual event, so the timing of each show is less critical for those punters as to whether it clashes with any others.

I agree with Tris. Certainly when there is such a distance between the events Spalding/Wincanton in particular. Traders may attend both but as a punter I would not consider doing Spalding one week and Toytrac the next. Toytrac is only held once a year so Toytrac is my October event and Spalding the Spring one. Penrith is too far and although I would love to go to Zwolle it is not somewhere I would go on my own.

It just seems silly that they are all so close together. The factors that make a good show are, lots of traders of all types and lots of punters. Being all so close together on the calendar means, traders can't re stock to levels they would like, so punters don't see all that is available and punters also don't have the money over such a short space of time. I do take Robbo's point though.