ford tractor and baler dio

Paul Palmer

This is great, Paul. This is what I wanted to do in my shelving unit in my office room. With a good amount of work done on the house this week and your topic for inspiration, maybe I can get back to it! I love it mate.

This is great, Paul. This is what I wanted to do in my shelving unit in my office room. With a good amount of work done on the house this week and your topic for inspiration, maybe I can get back to it! I love it mate.

all ways nice to get feedback from you tris,thanks very much,as jamie said, good if you dont have much room for a layout,im very lucky that i can do both,but had some advice and chats with mandy,and i really like doing them,next one will be a ploughing dio i think,i will still do work on the huish layout as well,any idea what your first one will be tris ? Edited by paulali
  • Like 1

Really like these ideas Paul. I'm about to dismantel my layout :-( having to move and also have my kids living with me full time now so space is very limited. This small dios would still allow me some display capabillity.

Really like these ideas Paul. I'm about to dismantel my layout :-( having to move and also have my kids living with me full time now so space is very limited. This small dios would still allow me some display capabillity.

exactly pete,space saving isnt it,probably i will have one more house move in my life time,ive all ready asked the wife for a model room in the next house
  • Like 1

Fantastic work so far Paul, baler and sledge look a treat yoked to the Britains Ford 7600. :)

thanks david,mandy and tris said it might look better ,still would like to get a ford 40 series though,very tempted by the imber 6640 sle 4wd,but will imber bring out more 40 series models?,anyway im pleased with the dio so far

thanks justin,as i said very good model,love the 2 gearsticks and handbrake,good detail,i dont want to go on about it ,but such a shame the cab is cast in 2 pieces,but apart from that yes one of britains best

Yeah its the only downfall is the split in the cab,but thats only a minor thing when you think of the improvements they made over the first De- Lux cabbed model & its great value for money.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaye! Look at that! Top job, Paul. Very nice little scene coming to life here. :) :)

thanks tris,another parcel to pick up from my local sorting office tomorrow,i think its the britains bales arrived,i will make the bales more realistic,as i did in huish and venton,got some materials for the row of hay from mandy,and paint the bale sledge,also i thought the post office was going to start leaving parcels with neighbours,obviously not yet

thanks tris,another parcel to pick up from my local sorting office tomorrow,i think its the britains bales arrived,i will make the bales more realistic,as i did in huish and venton,got some materials for the row of hay from mandy,and paint the bale sledge,also i thought the post office was going to start leaving parcels with neighbours,obviously not yet

plinth set up is looking good,does the rear window on the ford open at all?

Saw on the bbc news the post office was starting droping parcels with neighbours a few weeks back,what have you done to upset the neighbours then ha ha

hi jamie,no the window is fixed,asked the guy in the sorting office and it hasnt started yet,i spend more time in that sorting office than my postie,and we have a catflap,and things that dont need to be signed for still go back there,just pop em in the bleeding catflap!!!!!!!!! thanks for following the topic jamie

thanks chris,he does sit too high i must admit,perhaps i will try a britains driver

Hi Paul,I like to use Carrera figures they are 1/32nd scale,the Scalextric folf use them,the Siku figures I feel look to big,which in turn makes the model look to small,the Carrera figures do have moving arms,so can grip the steering wheel,the draw back being,only two in a pack of five are in the sitting position,the two standing are ok,but the fifth one has their legs crossed,so not much use for anything, :-http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carrera-5-x-Assorted-Spectators-21106-Brand-New-/110780365394?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Scalextrics_Slot_Cars_ET&hash=item19cb063a52

Regards

Joe.

Hi Paul,I like to use Carrera figures they are 1/32nd scale,the Scalextric folf use them,the Siku figures I feel look to big,which in turn makes the model look to small,the Carrera figures do have moving arms,so can grip the steering wheel,the draw back being,only two in a pack of five are in the sitting position,the two standing are ok,but the fifth one has their legs crossed,so not much use for anything, :-http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19cb063a52

Regards

Joe.

cheers joe,will se if a britains driver sits better,if not i will try these

might try to adapt the siku driver,went on ebay to look for britains tractor drivers,they are available,but its the postage costs,£3.00 to post one figure!!!!!!!!!!! and thats economy service,the siku drivers generally look okay,why it looks big in the ford is strange,the only other problem is the seat is very far from the steering wheel,oh well,will keep watching ebay,i liked the figures joe showed me,but i only want one