Wiking 2013

AJH

The Lexion 780 is indeed a lovely model. It must be the best combine model ever build to date by any mainstream manufacturer. It beats the UH New Holland CR9090 and previous Lexion attempts. Wiking now the best overall model manufacturer? I think so. As Malc says the hinges and also the grain tank isnt fully closed sadly but there you are!

I got two Lexion 780s at the show on Tuesday and both have 100 yr decals on the side. Funnily the box says limited to 3000 and not 1000? They probably couldn't be bothered to have a new box produced or just stuck them in with the rest as a surprise? If so: a) Are there 1000 decal'd ones and 2000 not or B) are there 4000 total and 1000 with plus 3000 without.

Does anyone know how common it is for the green version of the Lexion 780, which is 'limited to 3000 boxes' to have the 100 year decal on? Wasn't expecting mine to have it on and I've seen pictures of a fair few that haven't got it!

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure about the 100 year decal ones, but i was in our local claas dealers today, which is MANNS, and was trying to get one. i wasnt overly worried about the 100 yr decal , i just wanted a 780. the parts man went onto the phone and phoned the main depot at bury st edmunds and the head parts man said that this morning 1500 models where available, and yesterday there were none, so more have come into circulation for the dealers he said. he coudnt say whether they were 100 yr ones, but the order number when punched into the computer said wiking claas lexion 780 tt , green and white livery,v1200 header. i have orderd one, so fingers crossed.

That 770 has a v1050 header and seeing as the 770 is direct replacement for old 600 and many of them were on wheels with 35ft headers its nothing rare.............................40ft cutterbars on wheels are fine if you have billiard table fields, if you have hills you must have the stability of tracks for a v1200.

And what do you mean Neils "grain tank doesn't completely close"?   

Indeed it's the V1050 header not the 12 metre. I have read in various places that the 40ft for Western Europe is on track only machines (which makes sense if you look at the weight!).

Phil: I meant there are four little holes on either side of the tank. The 'mushroom' opens with 2 big lids for the side and then two smaller ones for front and back. These have small triangular flaps to make the iconic shape but your left with small gaps at the bottom. Hope you follow me?? You can see what I mean here: http://www.agrarmodellbau.de/attachment.php?attachmentid=103779&d=1384267809 in the bottom at the corners.

Ahhh I see what you mean Neils, ...........................I was anticipating filling that 780 tank with sand when the next harvest comes round on my diorama, but I can now see I will have 4 leaks to attend to ;D

To be honest I don't really have enough space for such a big model even though I would really like one, Im thinking of buying a few Claas tractors instead to go with my Deere fleet and concentrating on silage as well as maize kit.

I spoke to the local Claas dealer today (Manns of Saxham)  and was told 30 off the new 780s were on their way from Germany with plenty more to follow if required....................he also said that they were still making them in China (or wherever) so the full 4000 are not anywhere near in circulation yet so theres no hurry to buy one!  AND..........the price that Claas dealers will be charging is £105.00s  and not the extortionate amounts being asked for on ebay!!!!   I couldn't careless about a 100 yr decal so Im happy to bide my time and MAYBE buy a 780 in the spring of 2014.

The Claas mowers have arrived apparently.......... £49.00 ::)  and my real reason for ringing was the new 850 Axion which is also on its way...........£45.00

Sorry if Ive peed off some of the toyshop stockists on here but honestly why be ripped off by 3rd parties when you can go and buy the model direct from the manufacturers dealer network at a very fair price :) 

The dominator 96 was a run of 3000 models and it was only available to buy from claas direct for a few weeks. It is surprising how quickly these models do sell, the dominator 108 was much the same, so maybe dont wait too long if you want one at a reasonable price.

decided to get another lexion 780 tt from my claas dealer, rang about 10.30 ish this morning and the parts person there said 60 only for the uk,and when i ordered that 3 were left,however i still see they are available online at claases webshop,only difference is no postage charges getting it from your local dealer,might sell the second one might not,2 of them in a dio would look neat i think,phil is spot on with the price,£105.00 however thats without vat,and im getting mine at a cheaper price as my boss is a very big customer with hamblys ,so a 25% discount

Wish i could get 25% offf some thing  ha ha!  i only have to walk in and the prices goes up  !! i think they think im made of ££££ ha ha! 

I think Wiking have really upped their game and proved themselves with this model, i dont know what everyone else thinks but im really looking forward to future models they bring out, i hope they keep the standard up, highly detailed yet still workable with steering and working linkages etc

I think Wiking have really upped their game and proved themselves with this model, i dont know what everyone else thinks but im really looking forward to future models they bring out, i hope they keep the standard up, highly detailed yet still workable with steering and working linkages etc

Does that mean Oakley will have a new machine in the field come next harvest? ;-)

I don't have any Wiking models yet, but the Krampe trailer and Pottinger mowers will definitely be heading my way in 2014. I have in mind to buy an 828 and 936 Black Beauty in 2015.

And I really hope they do a Pottinger Torro silage wagon at some stage.

Does that mean Oakley will have a new machine in the field come next harvest? ;-)

Yes Joe one 780tt is on its way as we speak to replace the 770tt with a second to follow for the 2015 season, so next year we will be running a 2013 770tt and a 780tt with 2015 changing to two 780tt's

Wish i could get 25% offf some thing  ha ha!  i only have to walk in and the prices goes up  !! i think they think im made of ££££ ha ha! 

It must be all that dolce & gabbana clobber you wear to go out shopping mate  :laugh:  

No i look like i ve just got out of bed look ha ha!  is that now out of fav ?? i ll sen the mrs in next time , never having a Wiking model in me life i do like the look of the JDs  & i m just looking at having the odd 1 , only just got the Siku 7530s but i think a trade up will be better in long run after re looking ;D

well having seen the wiking lexion in the flesh now, and really considering buying one before i left for zwolle ,I am sort of glad I didn't,  don't get me wrong, its a cracking model, some fantastic detailing, working parts, the lists endless in its favour ,but theres a few bits that just stick out and spoil it for me, mainly the lack of paint in a few areas, tank hinges, end of the reel on the header on one side , the steps end is a big silver nut/rivet, and the biggest one , given wiking's skills, the header reel it self, it looked so siku lexion ,given wiking's skills in every other area on the model surely they could have made a good decent reel like uh do to match the rest of the machine  .and finish a few areas off to with the paint, they seem minor stuff to most, and i can see why people must have the machine to but at 160 euros for them (Zwolle prices) I assume for the non 100 years version and a silver one seen at 1250 euros??? mike will know, I would expect a bit more

I am so glad you said that Sean,with my past record of posting I would have upset someone,but you are spot on,it's just like one of the wiking claas tractors,big rivets on the front weight I recall,my 2 lexions are heading to eBay and anyway,wouldn't fit with my new policy of buying what I have a connection with

I received the Lexion today...for me it ticks all the boxes; great detail, header trailer, opening grain tank/panels.  The hinges do stick out a bit, but not so as they would bother me.

Will keep an eye on your ebay listings Paul - I'd quite happily have another one!  ;D

i'm not slating as such paul,  it is a real high quality model overall ,they have gone to so much effort in it with features and details every where else,i can handle the holes in the tank doors to keep it open, it works as every one wanted , but the hinges ,and reel end stood out big time, and for the prob most important part of it, the header, the reel seemed very heath robinson to me, they need to take a leaf from uh on header reels , mix and match the uh reels and with some paint touching, it would be spot on, and one would have come home for me had they got them right 

I may sound different ,but in production models ,  a 30 odd quid uh model, I can handle a few minor finish issues,  not so much wrong cabs etc mind, but at 160 odd quid I cant ,I want 100% not 95% 

Archived