Model Tractor, Plant and Construction Show - Leamington Spa - Sunday 17th February

Andy

Absolutely awesome. The dios were a sight for saw eyes. Huge congrats to Sue Dyson and her husband who won 1st prize in the dio competition with their war-time display. I know how much work everyone's put into these displays, not to mention unpacking and packing them up to transport them to the fairs and lets not forget they do it for fun! 

A big thanks to Brushwood Toys for taking HLT stuff for the first time (and at the last minute!) :)

Thank you ever so much for sharing these amazing pictures with us on FTF :)

ps just wish we'd been there!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the great pics, very enjoyable

Thank you Steve, appreciated. Great to hear you enjoyed looking through them. :)

Great Pics as always David, good to see what was for sale on the trade stands, as well as all the dioramas and displays.

Thanks for sharing them with us.

Thanks ever so much Mark, you're welcome. Really enjoyed admiring the fantastic dioramas and layouts on display whilst there some absolutely mouth watering models for sale on the trade stands. Brilliant show. :)

Absolutely awesome. The dios were a sight for saw eyes. Huge congrats to Sue Dyson and her husband who won 1st prize in the dio competition with their war-time display. I know how much work everyone's put into these displays, not to mention unpacking and packing them up to transport them to the fairs and lets not forget they do it for fun! 

A big thanks to Brushwood Toys for taking HLT stuff for the first time (and at the last minute!) :)

Thank you ever so much for sharing these amazing pictures with us on FTF :)

ps just wish we'd been there!

Thank you so much Mandy. Really appreciate your very kind comments. Definitely a deserving winner that particular layout, the war time theme was exceptional. I was absolutely in awe of the imagination and creativity that had gone into all of the layouts on display. The amount of different themes, landscapes, buildings, machinery being portrayed, and the eras they represented were nothing short of spectacular. :)

As above,

Great coverage of what looked like a great show, - thanks David, much appreciate your time & effort.

Thanks ever so much John. Really enjoyed attempting to cover the event as comprehensively as I could. I had a fantastic time and it was great to get out with my camera again. :)

as john said david really good of you ,as  its really nice to see if you cant get to the show

Thank you Paul, really appreciated. It's something I thoroughly enjoy doing when attending any event with my camera. :)

Thank you for sharing those pictures , it was a good show . I'm looking forward to Malvern , that show gets bigger every year it's a pity we don't know who is from the forum , it would be good to put faces to names .

You're very welcome and thank you. Really looking to the weekend down at Malvern now too, had a great time there last year. By all means pop across to the Model Farmer / F.T.F stand that will be in attendance and introduce yourself to Andy and the rest of us. It would be good to catch up and have a good old chinwag. :)

Thanks for posting the pics David, it always good to see a show that you couldn't get to. I remember seeing the radio controlled gang at Truckfest at Haydock park  a couple or 3 years ago..... they were a good gang of lads to have a bit of a laugh with. :)

Thanks ever so much Paul, you're very welcome. The radio controlled construction equipment was amazing to see. I'd love one of those tracked excavators, but I reckon i'd have to sell off most of my collection to afford one. ;D

Thank you so much Mandy. Really appreciate your very kind comments. Definitely a deserving winner that particular layout, the war time theme was exceptional. I was absolutely in awe of the imagination and creativity that had gone into all of the layouts on display. The amount of different themes, landscapes, buildings, machinery being portrayed, and the eras they represented were nothing short of spectacular. :)

I can't stopping looking back at the photos, David - thank goodness you took so much trouble in recording the event! This is not intended as a plug, but if the turnout here was anything to go by I cannot wait for J24Trac :)

I can't stopping looking back at the photos, David - thank goodness you took so much trouble in recording the event! This is not intended as a plug, but if the turnout here was anything to go by I cannot wait for J24Trac :)

Thanks again Mandy, really appreciated. As always I really enjoy covering events with my camera and then sharing my photographs on the forum for everyone to enjoy looking through them. Very pleased with how some of these pictures have turned out, particularly the wonderful layouts. There was plenty of decent natural lighting passing through the venue which certainly helped in my endeavours. Really looking forward to dashing around the Three Counties Show Ground at Malvern now for the Tractor World Show in just over a weeks time. :)  

Hi David,Fantastic pictures of the show and very well appreciated.I think i remember you now taking the pictures.Its hard sometimes putting names to faces.You seem to have a nice collection of models too.

Thank you ever so much Stephen. I really should have introduced myself whilst I was capturing your excellent layout. Like wise you have one of the most amazing Britains collections I have ever seen and it was great to see a "snap shot" of them in your layout. They looked really impressive together. :) 

• 3 weeks later...

As a first timer to any model tractor event I was very impressed. Everyone was friendly lots to see and buy. One of the people with me was a model train buff and he started spending money before I did. A great show hope it will be back next year.

David what a sublime host of photos, this show looks pretty bloody good!! I had written it off as one failing to get going to be honest, in my ignorance of course. Going by your coverage is looks far from it. The displays, well what can you say. ... Especially the older era layouts and those of the smaller scales. Absolutely gob smacked by the talent of some of them builders there. Thanks for putting them all up, top bloke.

• 4 weeks later...

As a first timer to any model tractor event I was very impressed. Everyone was friendly lots to see and buy. One of the people with me was a model train buff and he started spending money before I did. A great show hope it will be back next year.

Completely concur with your comments Tim. This was a fantastic show. One i'm certainly looking forward to attending again. :)

David what a sublime host of photos, this show looks pretty bloody good!! I had written it off as one failing to get going to be honest, in my ignorance of course. Going by your coverage is looks far from it. The displays, well what can you say. ... Especially the older era layouts and those of the smaller scales. Absolutely gob smacked by the talent of some of them builders there. Thanks for putting them all up, top bloke.

Thanks ever so much Tris, appreciate your very kind comments, you're very welcome. I must admit in light of comments made regards last year's first attempt I was very sceptical and went with rather low expectations. They certainly turned out to be completely unfounded, and this turned out to be one of the most enjoyable and varied shows i've ever been to. Especially with all of those breath taking layouts under one roof. :)  

• 3 years later...
On 19/02/2013 at 9:55 AM, walterderwent said:

Lots of lovely older Britains items adorning this next superb layout.

P1260881_zps212a4023.jpg

P1260882_zps0b70518c.jpg

P1260883_zpse64865be.jpg

P1260884_zps5eefad26.jpg

Enjoying travelling back in time.... this is a nice layout

On 18/02/2013 at 9:59 PM, walterderwent said:

Moving onto the stars of the show. The layouts and dioramas on display. There was such a fantastic variety of scales and themes on display from enthusiastic exhibitors of all generations. Behold............

P1260822_zpsa5cd22fa.jpg

P1260823_zpsaf7197f4.jpg

P1260824_zpsc266d848.jpg

P1260825_zps2467df5e.jpg

Still love this layout.

• 1 month later...

Archived