Douglas Agri

Wayne D

Managed to get some pictures today of the fleet in action. 

I just missed the mowers in action, but managed to get a few photos before they left the field. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

then the rake and Tedder men arrived. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, IAINH1973 said:

Great pictures. What do u use for your very realistic grass?

That's mate.

For the field grass I use a B&Q out door mat and for the cut grass in rows I use some silage flock from Holly Loves Toys.

Thank you kindly every body for the comments. It's always appreciated greatly! :) Yes I'm a big fan of the blue machines.

I'm sure our neighbours think I'm mad, I have the mats on the roof of my car and I was moving it forward and back until I was happy with the view in the background. 

The natural light outside really makes a huge difference to my photos, the light I have set up in the attic just aren't bright enough. 

Ill get some more up soon of the silage pit getting filled and the Big M and triples in action. 

18 hours ago, F8N said:

You had lots of fun today Wayne. . Back round makes for a very convincing look. Great

Thanks Gary, this one if for you! 

2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Really like that fleet .. Good choice trading in the Fendt for another BLUE machine !! The photos look very realistic , top job

And you too Justy 46

image.jpeg

On Sunday, June 05, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Wayne D said:

Thanks Gary, this one if for you! 

And you too Justy 46

image.jpeg

Oh yes..  loving it.. With great weather comes great pictures.

• 1 month later...

Not a massive update, but we picked up another new Kane half pipe from Modelfarmer this week.

We are very happy with the quality and this will be our third Halfpipe to the fleet. 

The new trailer was delivered to us buy the local Kane dealer in his very tidy John Deere 7810. I think he just wanted to show of his nicely restored Deere! :)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Thanks mate, yeah the cab is quite easy to remove, if you hold the top of the cab high up and wiggle is around a little it should sort of pop out and you can see where it's fixed. It seems to just be clicked into place rather than securely fixed. 

• 1 month later...

Bit of work done today to the silage pit and yard. I've still a bit of weathering to do on the silage pit walls, to help it look a little more realistic. Today I fitted safety barriers to the tops of the walls. 

They started life as Masons Attic gates that I had left over, so I cut them in half and trimmed them down a little. They then got a coat of bright silver to help make them look like galvanise. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

My plans for the 2016 winter are to construct a new machinery yard area with some large sheds to store the more expensive equipment. 

I plan on making a layout 6ft x 4ft, it will be mostly a large open plan gravel or concrete yard, 3 large sheds (Masons Attic kits) and a smaller older workshop. There will be a road section to the front, with an entrance and the outsides will be a mixture of fencing and trees / grass banks. 

Simething like this:

image.jpeg

It will be a long term winter project, so I'll keep the updates coming as I build it. I've made a start on the old style workshop and I'll upload some photos later. 

Got a good start made on the workshop. 

I managed to get the four walls cut and covered with some red brickwork print. I bought a door and two Windows from HLT. They should look good and save a good bit of time trying to make something myself. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

A little bit done tonight on the doors and roof. 

Main entrance doors are made from lollipop sticks stuck in place then stained a dark brown. I used the same stain to weather down the corrugated roof. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

On 6/5/2016 at 3:39 PM, justy 46 said:

Really like that fleet .. Good choice trading in the Fendt for another BLUE machine !! The photos look very realistic , top job

Was going to say the same photos look very realistic nice silage models you have . :laugh:

Archived