Douglas Agri

Wayne D

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not with this one no, it's more so to fill space on my new layout rather than be used much. I plan on weathering it a bit and adding a few extra bits. It will likely have something parking in the doorway like above. 

On 4 September 2016 at 6:49 AM, Valley Axe Man said:

Looks good Wayne, Been a while to catch up on this thread how are you getting on with the older side of your farm dio? I see you got a bit more done to the clamp :)

Thanks. 

Yes slowly but surely getting there, I hope to add a little more weathering to the silage pit sides and the concrete part of the yard area. After that I'll add a few more bits and bobs around the yard and maybe some gates to for a cattle shoot. Sort of hard to know what all else to add. 

On 4 September 2016 at 8:56 PM, timms said:

Looking great Wayne them windows and doors really set off the building well really professional looking 

Thanks, yes really happy with them and they really aren't that dear to but, plus they save a lot of time in making them. 

• 3 weeks later...

Few photos from today.

Two items out on Demo today to help with finishing up of the very last of the 3rd cut.

Possible Silage wagon being added to our fleet for 2017 and the Claas 860 was just out to see what we thought of it. No plans to change from the Krone any time soon.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The boss giving his thoughts on the silage wagon.

image.jpeg

9 hours ago, Luke190 said:

I almost bought the same wagon a few years bock, looks like a nice model. What's your thoughts on the Jag? could you post a few photos of it side by side with the Krone please

The wagon is very well detailed, I'm really impressed with it. Feels really strong and well made. 

Only issue, is the pick up reel is fixed in the lifting position the whole time. So it cant be raised, ( or not that I can see) which looks a little odd if your moving it around the yard. 

But for £30.00 of Masons Attic I'm more than happy with it. 

I'll get some photos of the two harvesters beside other this week for you. Size wise they are pretty similar.

Both excellent models, but I think the Claas has the edge on the Krone, just slightly. 

The Claas seems to have that little bit more finer detail over the Krone, but again both excellent models and I don't think you would be disappointed with either.

I called into our local New Holland dealer today to enquire about a T7.315 for next season.

We are looking at running a second set of Claas butterfly mowers along with the current set on the T7070 and the Krone Big M.

As I was leaving this sorry looking T7070 arrived in. Apparently it's been traded in for something a little newer. So I made a cheeky offer and we may have it joining our fleet soon. 

Looks wise it needs a good clean and some minor issues sorted, but it's all there and has a good history. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Pete said:

Nice updates. What do you think of the 8770

I really like it Pete, really sturdy strong machine that looks like it's well fit to run any of the larger machinery around the yard. 

I would like to fit a set of arms to the front of it, I think it would look good with front and rear mowers fitted. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys, if I had the space and the funds I'd love to have a older Super Q cabbed Ford of some description out side. 

@F8N the TW was in for new tyres, he had trouble keeping it up out of the moss. :)

Hope to get the T7 out for some work this weekend and see what it can do. Apart from the triple mowers during the summer, I'm not sure what we could use it's power for over the winter months.

@justy 46 I can still remember the first time I seen a Super Q cab TW25. It was pulling a trailed harvester and side filling into some 7610's with (now classic) Kane trailers. I think I was maybe 10 at the time and this massive machine just looked awesome, I'll always remember seeing it. 

Yeah the T7.315 is a beast of a model, I'd like to see on in real life. I'm sure they must be massive. Even the Marge model is very heavy. 

Archived